News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Los Banos @ Escalon

Started by Spazzilla, August 30, 2013, 08:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spazzilla

Great game going on tonight in the North Valley. A rematch of last years SJS DIV Semi-final  4 OT barn burner!  4OT!!!  One of the greatest games I have ever seen.  Escalon walked away 42-35 winners.  Should be a great game tonight!
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

Spazzilla

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

Dave

Los Banos won 20-3. Escalon QB threw a couple of ill-advised balls, both of which led to LB scores. Both teams will rely heavily on their defenses this year.

http://www.losbanosenterprise.com/2013/08/31/216895/los-banos-pacheco-open-football.html

Spazzilla

Quote from: Dave on August 31, 2013, 01:01:07 AM
Los Banos won 20-3. Escalon QB threw a couple of ill-advised balls, both of which led to LB scores. Both teams will rely heavily on their defenses this year.

http://www.losbanosenterprise.com/2013/08/31/216895/los-banos-pacheco-open-football.html

Los Banos had big offensive shoes to fill after losing both West and Sams. Back tracking a little, West didn't play in last years playoff game, correct?
  - Hannah Arendt

Dave

Correct. But they had a ridiculous receiving corps last year. West, Turner (5-4, 140 pounds but a gamer to the end), and probably the biggest loss was Moore. He played all over the field. Of course, Escalon had big shoes to fill too, with Chunn, the school's first single-season 2k-yard rusher and Von Alvensleben, who was a big, physical receiver. I seem to recall they had a good QB too. Escalon had to replace 18 starters this year.

Thanks for adding the SJS board, by the way. The only board dedicated to this section is ugly as hell and has tumbleweeds blowing through every time I visit.

Spazzilla

Quote from: Dave on August 31, 2013, 11:10:43 AM
Correct. But they had a ridiculous receiving corps last year. West, Turner (5-4, 140 pounds but a gamer to the end), and probably the biggest loss was Moore. He played all over the field. Of course, Escalon had big shoes to fill too, with Chunn, the school's first single-season 2k-yard rusher and Von Alvensleben, who was a big, physical receiver. I seem to recall they had a good QB too. Escalon had to replace 18 starters this year.

Thanks for adding the SJS board, by the way. The only board dedicated to this section is ugly as hell and has tumbleweeds blowing through every time I visit.

Chunn was a stud! I couldn't remember the name but I remember him being a bowling ball in that semi game last year.

I'm glad to add it. Hopefully we can grow the northern fan base and give people a place to have some lively discussion.
  - Hannah Arendt

Tiger Stripes 87

This was a good game and thank God our defense showed up.  Offense struggled a little but but we're super young.  Had 4 sophmores starting on offense last night.  We'll get better as the season rolls along and hopefully we'll have things clicking by the time league rolls around.

Thanks for creating this forum.  I'm sure a lot more people will start to come around over the next few weeks. 

Spazzilla

Quote from: Tiger Stripes 87 on August 31, 2013, 08:58:01 PM
This was a good game and thank God our defense showed up.  Offense struggled a little but but we're super young.  Had 4 sophmores starting on offense last night.  We'll get better as the season rolls along and hopefully we'll have things clicking by the time league rolls around.

Thanks for creating this forum.  I'm sure a lot more people will start to come around over the next few weeks. 

Tailback is a sophomore, correct?
  - Hannah Arendt

Tiger Stripes 87

Tailback, Left Guard, Right Tackle and Z receiver are all sophmores.

Tiger Stripes 87