News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

SWYL week 5

Started by madstang, September 27, 2016, 10:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madstang

Only 2 SWYL teams playing this week

Drillers @ Ridgeview
Tough one to pick. Neither team is who we thought they were. Drillers were dominated by Valencia and the Wolfpack had a rough night against Central.
Ridgeview in a close one 21-14

Garces @ Edison
Garces look good and should handle Edison
Garces wins 41-28

mw1

Drillers over Ridgeview (?? - ??) - this is going to be all about the defense for the Drillers.  It is not hard to figure out that if you can limit Moya, you can beat this team.  The Drillers will have to rely on this sophomore QB now... even though he is an outstanding athletic talent (with a strong arm), I don't know if he can read the defense well enough to make the right decisions.  The only thing I know if that if the Drillers drop this one to Ridgeview, they will probably also drop the following week to Garces.  So, I think the Drillers will come out this week with a whole new focus and purpose... let's hope.

Garces over Edison - I can't see how Edison is as bad as their record; however, I think Garces, coming off a BYE, will be too much for them to handle this year.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

ThetruthBeTold

If the drillers were at full strength, shoot even 85% full strength then I say they get the win. No so sure in this one.  I think the X-factor is can Ridgeview bounce back after last weeks throbbing.  They flat out got man-handled.  I kind of find it interesting that finally Ridgeview has had to play some good teams in the preseason for a change.  The past 2 season there schedule has been a cakewalk.  But i'm going to go with Ridgview in this one by 3

We will see how good or bad Garces is vs Edison.  Are they for reals or just smoke and mirrors.  We shall see.  Edison out athletes them in and gets their first win. 

taysdad

Quote from: mw1 on September 27, 2016, 10:41:44 AM
Drillers over Ridgeview (?? - ??) - this is going to be all about the defense for the Drillers.  It is not hard to figure out that if you can limit Moya, you can beat this team.  The Drillers will have to rely on this sophomore QB now... even though he is an outstanding athletic talent (with a strong arm), I don't know if he can read the defense well enough to make the right decisions.  The only thing I know if that if the Drillers drop this one to Ridgeview, they will probably also drop the following week to Garces.  So, I think the Drillers will come out this week with a whole new focus and purpose... let's hope.

Garces over Edison - I can't see how Edison is as bad as their record; however, I think Garces, coming off a BYE, will be too much for them to handle this year.

defense and turnovers. how many TOs they have against chaminade? 4 or 5 and still almost won. no idea what the TO # was against valencia. gimme ridgeview by 2 scores. 38-24.

haven't seen garces or edison at all this year. i know the qb for garces was lighting it up early on. gimme garces in a homer pick.

mw1

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on September 27, 2016, 11:14:40 AM

We will see how good or bad Garces is vs Edison.  Are they for reals or just smoke and mirrors.  We shall see.  Edison out athletes them in and gets their first win.

I don't know how Edison is going to "out athlete" Garces this year.  When I look at their (Garces') roster, I see 11-12 legit high-school studs.  I would even go as far as to say that Garces has at least 3 kids who are as fast, if not faster, than Edison's fastest player.  Not that they can't lose... but they won't be out-athleted.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

hardhitter23

Drillers @ Ridgeview

Garces @ Edison

CWClassof2007

Roughneck005

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on September 27, 2016, 11:14:40 AM
If the drillers were at full strength, shoot even 85% full strength then I say they get the win. No so sure in this one.  I think the X-factor is can Ridgeview bounce back after last weeks throbbing.  They flat out got man-handled.  I kind of find it interesting that finally Ridgeview has had to play some good teams in the preseason for a change.  The past 2 season there schedule has been a cakewalk.  But i'm going to go with Ridgview in this one by 3

This is comical. I've stayed neutral up to this point in the season because both The Drillers and the Wolfpack have had less than desirable starts to the season. However, that comment just cracks me up. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. Cake walk? DI preseason schedule including Frontier, Stockdale, Liberty, and The Drillers...sounds like a real cake walk to me. Granted, Frontier is by far the weakest team of the bunch - but stating that last year (and the year before's) Liberty team can be considered a "cake walk" is laughable. Add to that the inherent challenges that Bakersfield always presents sums up a pretty solid preseason in everyone's book...most notably the State CIF Bowl selection committee which placed the Wolfpack ahead of Liberty during the postseason.

Let the chips fall where they may. The Drillers have had multiple issues throughout the start of this season which have severely hindered their success. The Wolfpack have had flashes of being a very good team but continues to struggle with what look like fundamental, mental errors. Both of these teams have talent for days and have the some of the fastest athletes in town. Should be a good game as there is plenty of history between these two teams and neither wants to drop another game before league starts.

Going with the gut and with a suspicion that the loss of Maran will affect the flow of the offense in a 28-14 Wolfpack victory.

As far as Garces/Edison is concerned...That's a bit of a tough one to call. Edison always has athletes that can be a coach's dream, but lately it hasn't materialized into success in win column. Gass is getting the Rams to buy in and has taken ownership of the team. Not sure if they will match up with the size/speed that Edison has to offer.

Like Teddy, I can't stand the vileness of Garces...but I think Gass and Co. pulls out a close one 35-31.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

bksflddan

Drillers 23 vs Ridgeview 16

Garces 37 vs Edison 26
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: Roughneck005 on September 28, 2016, 10:02:16 AM
This is comical. I've stayed neutral up to this point in the season because both The Drillers and the Wolfpack have had less than desirable starts to the season. However, that comment just cracks me up. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. Cake walk? DI preseason schedule including Frontier, Stockdale, Liberty, and The Drillers...sounds like a real cake walk to me. Granted, Frontier is by far the weakest team of the bunch - but stating that last year (and the year before's) Liberty team can be considered a "cake walk" is laughable. Add to that the inherent challenges that Bakersfield always presents sums up a pretty solid preseason in everyone's book...most notably the State CIF Bowl selection committee which placed the Wolfpack ahead of Liberty during the postseason.

Let the chips fall where they may. The Drillers have had multiple issues throughout the start of this season which have severely hindered their success. The Wolfpack have had flashes of being a very good team but continues to struggle with what look like fundamental, mental errors. Both of these teams have talent for days and have the some of the fastest athletes in town. Should be a good game as there is plenty of history between these two teams and neither wants to drop another game before league starts.

As far as Garces/Edison is concerned...That's a bit of a tough one to call. Edison always has athletes that can be a coach's dream, but lately it hasn't materialized into success in win column. Gass is getting the Rams to buy in and has taken ownership of the team. Not sure if they will match up with the size/speed that Edison has to offer.

Like Teddy, I can't stand the vileness of Garces...but I think Gass and Co. pulls out a close one 35-31.

Hey Rough, by no means did I mean to discount any of the teams and especially my Liberty THIS YEAR.  What I meant was last year all the chips fell in Ridgeviews favor.  They never played a team who was at full strength.  Not when they faced us (liberty), stockdale was coach less BHS was young and building, Bakersfield Christian haha, Golden Valley who, West lol and they still were ranked #1-2.    And in the championship they played a depleted Lemoore team who just suspended their head coach.  Now they have to go through some adversity and people are crying poor Ridegview or look at their schedule.  I'm not buying it, for once they are being tested.....just like the rest of the teams. 

ThetruthBeTold

I have question regarding Buchanan and there ranking?  How is it that they are so highly touted and ranked when 2 out of there 3 wins were against Hanford and Lemoore and now play Porterville.  Is it because they beat Bullard?  I also noticed that the Pag moved Clovis West up to #4 from 10 right after they beat Bullard.

Roughneck005

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on September 28, 2016, 05:10:47 PM
Quote from: Roughneck005 on September 28, 2016, 10:02:16 AM

Hey Rough, by no means did I mean to discount any of the teams and especially my Liberty THIS YEAR.  What I meant was last year all the chips fell in Ridgeviews favor.  They never played a team who was at full strength.  Not when they faced us (liberty), stockdale was coach less BHS was young and building, Bakersfield Christian haha, Golden Valley who, West lol and they still were ranked #1-2.    And in the championship they played a depleted Lemoore team who just suspended their head coach.  Now they have to go through some adversity and people are crying poor Ridegview or look at their schedule.  I'm not buying it, for once they are being tested.....just like the rest of the teams.

So basically what you're saying is that because Ridgeview was missing 3 offensive and defensive starters for the first two games (two of whom were all area standouts last year) one of which being Moya who is arguably one of the top athletes in the county - that those two losses to stockdale and liberty mean less? Lol, you just keep digging your hole man. You should really put in a couple more years on this site so you don't keep looking like you are parent that is just talking out of his @$$.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

TeddyKGB

Ridgeview-BHS should be a good one, I can see it getting lopsided if one of the teams makes big mistakes early because they both have kids that can score fast. I am anxious to see how the Drillers handle themselves if Ridgeview jumps out early or they have things go against them early on. I'm going with the Drillers in a close one
BHS 28-24

I'm going against garces, for a couple of reasons one I hate them and two Edison has athletes that can match up with garces. Edison in an upset 28-21

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: Roughneck005 on September 28, 2016, 08:34:21 PM
So basically what you're saying is that because Ridgeview was missing 3 offensive and defensive starters for the first two games (two of whom were all area standouts last year) one of which being Moya who is arguably one of the top athletes in the county - that those two losses to stockdale and liberty mean less? Lol, you just keep digging your hole man. You should really put in a couple more years on this site so you don't keep looking like you are parent that is just talking out of his @$$.

HUH??????  I don't know how you arrived at that perception because that's totally opposite of what I said.  Typical Ridgeview fan, always trying to spin it and never want to admit they simply lost.  You should really take some of that oil out your eyes and re-read before you post, that way you don't sound like a 3 year equipment manager who never played but always know's better than the coach. 

TeddyKGB

its better thAn the coach...

ThetruthBeTold

TeddyKGB

Roughneck005

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on September 29, 2016, 09:40:26 AM

HUH??????  I don't know how you arrived at that perception because that's totally opposite of what I said.  Typical Ridgeview fan, always trying to spin it and never want to admit they simply lost.  You should really take some of that oil out your eyes and re-read before you post, that way you don't sound like a 3 year equipment manager who never played but always know's better than the coach.

You're comprehension skills seem to be lacking. A loss is a loss is a loss. Plain and simple. Liberty fans were the ones crying foul and whining last year when they dropped a game to RHS without Love. RHS dropped multiple games this year with (and without) players missing. There is no asterisk in the "L" column stating that it was only because certain players were missing. It swings both ways man, that's all I'm saying. You can't complain all season Liberty lost to RHS last year simply because Love wasn't able to play, and then turn around this season and be hypocritical of RHS for stating the same facts you did last year.

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on October 30, 2015, 11:15:27 AM
NO WAY would Ridgeview be a #1 seed.  Who have they beaten? Lets see...a quarterback less 4-3 Liberty Bakersfield, a 2-6 Stockdale, a average 4-4 Frontier, and a very week 4-4 Bakersfield team.  I'd say they had a very easy schedule this year.  I'd say they would be a #4 seed in D1 at best.  As for D2 seeding I put them at #2 behind Sanger.

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on November 01, 2015, 09:16:44 AM
I agree with you in regards to Ridgeview SOS.  They beat a QB-less Liberty team so I cant credit them much for that win. Tulare has BY FAR the weakest schedule....I'm not even sure the last time the played a team with a winning record.  In addition they are giving up a tremendous amount of points to teams that are horrendouse this year.    As far as the Lemoore Vs Sanger game, yes Lemoore did get the W, but we're OUTSCORED offensively by Sanger O.  From what I hear Lemoore received a early X-mas gift when Sanger mishandled a punt in the endzone and Lemoore recovered for a TD.  I wouldn't have a issue with Lemoore or Sanger taking the #2 or #3 spot.  But I cannot see Tulare getting higher then a 4....yes they may go undefeated but are being challenged week in and week out by teams with losing records.

There's a multitude of other examples, but I think you get the point. Can't say you don't credit a team for beating a QB-less Liberty, and then turn around and credit one for beating a QB-less Ridgeview. Asinine man.

-Vince Lombardi

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: Roughneck005 on September 29, 2016, 11:32:14 AM
You're comprehension skills seem to be lacking. A loss is a loss is a loss. Plain and simple. Liberty fans were the ones crying foul and whining last year when they dropped a game to RHS without Love. RHS dropped multiple games this year with (and without) players missing. There is no asterisk in the "L" column stating that it was only because certain players were missing. It swings both ways man, that's all I'm saying. You can't complain all season Liberty lost to RHS last year simply because Love wasn't able to play, and then turn around this season and be hypocritical of RHS for stating the same facts you did last year.

There's a multitude of other examples, but I think you get the point. Can't say you don't credit a team for beating a QB-less Liberty, and then turn around and credit one for beating a QB-less Ridgeview. Asinine man.

hahahahahaha you Fact checked me haha ! I'm impressed you took the time to pull up last years post.  But you are 100% correct.  I was screaming foul last year and you were saying "get over it", "you lost plain and simple" one player Love wouldn't matter, and a multitude of other "quit crying" statements.  So this year i'm simply serving you your own advice....No excuses right...Ridgeview lost. 

P.S Go BHS beat Ridgeview

Always a pleasure Rough, this site certainty gets fun when everyone starts throwing their 2 cents in.  :)

Roughneck005

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on September 29, 2016, 12:31:09 PM

hahahahahaha you Fact check me haha ! I'm impressed you took the time to pull up last years post.  But you are 100% correct.  I was screaming foul and last year.  And you were saying "get over it", "you lost plain and simple" one player Love wouldn't matter, and a multitude of other "quit crying" statements.  So this year i'm simply serving you your own advice....No excuses right...Ridgeview lost. 

P.S Go BHS beat Ridgeview

Always a pleasure Rough, this site certainty gets fun when everyone starts throwing their 2 cents in.  :)

Exactly right brotha. No excuses. RHS lost. No "what ifs" coming in from my corner over here.
-Vince Lombardi

Roughneck005

-Vince Lombardi