News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

What makes our valley great?

Started by BearNation22, October 20, 2016, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BearNation22

We have such a long standing tradition of great coaches and players in this valley and being a Buchanan guy I sometimes get caught up in the championships, but as a whole we have some great coaches and I would feel comfortable sending my send almost anywhere. Guys like Brian Wilson, Brian Oliver (trained my son at DIB), Darren Ghimenti, John Gross, and many more could be head coaches and succeed. We are truly blessed with the best, anyone have any thought on the matter?

ScoutTeamFish3

Been hearing from my sources that ghimemti is the leading candidate for the Fresno city head coach job once Scott is done. He's been there forever and I could him taking the reigns. Also, been to a couple fall ball games at clovis high during this fall and have seen Brian Wilson umpiring their games. I'm guessing he's done coaching at west? I could see him as a possible candidate as well. Heck of a coach. Thoughts?

McGlovin

Heard the same in regards to Ghimenti, as far as Wilson is concerned there was a post a while show about him possibly going to Kingsburg but then I heard he may just umpire (very wide zone). Who knows but I agree about his coaching talents, he's been around the game and loves the kids. Old school and resilient
Make baseball fun again.

Answersnow

When did Ron Scott retire? None of the names you mentioned are in the picture for this job once Ron actually retires and this job becomes open. This job will have 100 name if not more to draw from. It will have many D1 assistant coaches that will apply.

When making your list of who will get this job or who your references are please include those that have a masters degree. The Degree is needed for this position.

I know it's fun to throw names around and see who sticks but al least be close to the situation to know and understand the type of guy they will look for.

Backwards K

Quote from: Answersnow on October 27, 2016, 02:20:10 PM
When did Ron Scott retire? None of the names you mentioned are in the picture for this job once Ron actually retires and this job becomes open. This job will have 100 name if not more to draw from. It will have many D1 assistant coaches that will apply.

When making your list of who will get this job or who your references are please include those that have a masters degree. The Degree is needed for this position.

I know it's fun to throw names around and see who sticks but al least be close to the situation to know and understand the type of guy they will look for.

And a new Beer assistant...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Big Bad Wolf

Fresno City cannot afford to hire anyone, they need a guy with Valley ties. I could see Ghimenti succeeding there.

Backwards K

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on October 27, 2016, 07:50:53 PM
Fresno City cannot afford to hire anyone, they need a guy with Valley ties. I could see Ghimenti succeeding there.

or Pat Waer, he has coached there as an assistant...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

CWClassof2007

Does it really matter until Ron Scott retires?

Backwards K

Backwards K