News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

My top 10 D1 Pre Season Rankings

Started by the football guy, July 15, 2017, 06:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the football guy

Ok Fellas!! Lets have fun..1 month out.
This is my opinion of rankings. Criteria is based off how the team did the year before(wins and loss),Returning players (D1 too),experience of team, weather they have QB play or RB play etc. And how the coaching staff did the year before based off record, who had a better offensive team and defensive team and special teams...(general numbers)
1.CW- experience/star powdered/ QB play/good staff
2.BHS- experience/ star powdered/ QB play/great staff
3.Central-young/star powered/QB play/ good staff
4.Buchanan- young/star powdered/RB play/Good staff
5.Edison-unproven team/star powered/WR play/good staff
6. Clovis-unproven team/has players/Great staff
7.Liberty Bakersfield-unproven/has players/ RB play/good staff
8.Sanger-Unproven/has players/WR play/good staff
9.Graces-Unproven/ has players/RB play/good staff
10.Bullard-un proven/has players/good staff
Un proven means mix class or coming off under achieving season.
This is all for fun guys.. its been  rather dead around here and we are way  too close... lets get after it....
(CW is based off A.M. plays)

Sixtynine

1.) Bakersfield
2.) CW - Higher if AM comes back
3.) Central
4.) Buchanan - Higher if they get solid QB play
5.) Liberty-Bako

Bullard will be bad
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Jazz

1. Drillers- till someone knocks them off, return a lot of D1 talent
2. Central- Return a lot of offensive fire power and add another 1,000 yard RB. Def- got some key transfers in the summer that will help.
3. ET- Tons of D1 talent, return almost everyone, Central's JV QB transfered over so that should help the O.
4. CW- Return a ton of talent, would be my #1 if AM returned, but Dante should do a nice job at QB this year especially adding WR Ricardo to the mix.
5. up in the air from here on out. I see people are high on Buchanan, but they need to have a QB step up.  If not teams are loading the box for Milton and most likely slot Brock Jones will help. They do play a preseason of D2 and D3 teams, so they should roll into the TRAC with a pretty solid record. I also like Liberty in this spot too.

mw1

Quote from: the football guy on July 15, 2017, 06:21:25 PM
Ok Fellas!! Lets have fun..1 month out.
This is my opinion of rankings. Criteria is based off how the team did the year before,Returning players (D1 too),experience of team, weather they have QB play or RB play etc. And how the coaching staff did the year before based off record, who had a better offensive team and defensive team and special teams...(general numbers)
1.CW- experience/star powdered/ QB play/good staff
2.BHS- experience/ star powdered/ QB play/great staff
This is all for fun guys.. its been  rather dead around here and we are way  too close... lets get after it....
(CW is based off A.M. plays)

Looking at your criteria, if CW lost to Central twice, and BHS beat Central in the post-season... wouldn't that put BHS ahead of CW?  Did A.M. not play last year? (asking seriously.. don't know if he played full season, or was hurt part of season).  Because, if I plug in your criteria, that should put BHS as #1.  Now, if you want to put criteria as which team has the biggest recruit/superstar, then C.W. would be #1 with A.M... otherwise, their performance last year didn't put them above BHS this year. 
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

ThetruthBeTold

With AM plalying

1) CW - lots of seniors this year.

2)BHS -Winning system.  Last year the triple offense let the Drillers and the Apaches to Valley Championship.  Hard to stop.

3)Central- Hot Offense

4)Buchanan- returning a lot of guys

5)Edison, once again loaded with players, but always seem to find a way to lose

the football guy

Quote from: mw1 on July 17, 2017, 01:59:41 PM
Looking at your criteria, if CW lost to Central twice, and BHS beat Central in the post-season... wouldn't that put BHS ahead of CW?  Did A.M. not play last year? (asking seriously.. don't know if he played full season, or was hurt part of season).  Because, if I plug in your criteria, that should put BHS as #1.  Now, if you want to put criteria as which team has the biggest recruit/superstar, then C.W. would be #1 with A.M... otherwise, their performance last year didn't put them above BHS this year. 
Not going off who beat who last year....your not using my criteria buddy
Going off experience of team..I know BHS is Stack but I like CW guys better then BHS guys. Especially if AM is playing

mw1

Quote from: the football guy on July 17, 2017, 03:44:03 PM
Not going off who beat who last year....your not using my criteria buddy
Going off experience of team..I know BHS is Stack but I like CW guys better then BHS guys. Especially if AM is playing

I have lived in this country a long time, and English is a language I am familiar with... so "Criteria is based off how the team did the year before(wins and loss)" to me means exactly "who beat who last year".  If you are a A.M. fan.. and choose to ignore everything else, just come out and say it.  Don't try to hide behind the complicated English word "criteria".  Although, I guess the word "criteria" can be misconstrued.. depending on if you live in Fresno or Bakersfield. 
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

mw1

Quote from: the football guy on July 17, 2017, 03:44:03 PM
  but I like CW guys better then BHS guys. Especially if AM is playing

Again, not to get all wrapped around the axle on this "criteria" thing.. but, did A.M. get abducted by aliens at some point last year?  If they are so good, why did they lose twice to Central?

the football guy

Quote from: mw1 on July 17, 2017, 08:05:06 PM
Again, not to get all wrapped around the axle on this "criteria" thing.. but, did A.M. get abducted by aliens at some point last year?  If they are so good, why did they lose twice to Central?
If you know me...You would know I am NOT a CW guy..
And the reason Central best CW last year is because they just did.  Has nothing to do  with this year.  Central lost some big players on D and on the outside...
Iam just calling it how I see it. I know what BHS has and I know what Central has... And in my opinion if AM plays, CW is hands down  the best team on paper.
I just like the Quality of players CW has right now, then I do with what BHS has. Not taking anything away from BHS.

bksflddan

Quote from: the football guy on July 17, 2017, 09:31:47 PM
If you know me...You would know I am NOT a CW guy..
And the reason Central best CW last year is because they just did.  Has nothing to do  with this year.  Central lost some big players on D and on the outside...
Iam just calling it how I see it. I know what BHS has and I know what Central has... And in my opinion if AM plays, CW is hands down  the best team on paper.
I just like the Quality of players CW has right now, then I do with what BHS has. Not taking anything away from BHS.

... huuummmm .... paper seems to shrink in all directions daily ...

Just .... observin' ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Sixtynine

Agree that CW is the best team by far if AM is healthy. Big IF though

Beercat

Must say Central looked real good when I saw them at Paso Robles for a 7 on 7. WR's ran good routes and the QB is the real deal, could zip that ball into double coverage and was on the money. If Central has a line they will go far ........ they play DLS first

Sixtynine

Quote from: Beercat on July 18, 2017, 10:55:10 AM
Must say Central looked real good when I saw them at Paso Robles for a 7 on 7. WR's ran good routes and the QB is the real deal, could zip that ball into double coverage and was on the money. If Central has a line they will go far ........ they play DLS first

That's the scouting report on Central going back the last 30 years. Usually, they don't.

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: Beercat on July 18, 2017, 10:55:10 AM

IMO no team in the valley looked better then Sanger this year as far as passing league goes.

RoadDawg

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on July 18, 2017, 12:33:29 PM
IMO no team in the valley looked better then Sanger this year as far as passing league goes.

So, you saw all the teams from the Valley this summer in passing tourneys?
"The older I get... The better I was!"

Sofa_King Special

I find that hard to believe seeing how many quality seniors they lost last year.  In regards to Sanger.  Have they played anybody good throgugh

Sofa_King Special

Sofa_King Special

Someone please help me out as to why Edison with a new coach, no QB and a plethora of other ?'s is #3.  Pure talent I am guessing?

1. Bako
2. Central
3. CW
4. Buchanan
5. Liberty
6. Bullard
7. Sanger
8. Edison

Jazz

Edison does return a ton of talent. Not sure what the new coaches will do over there.  I have heard all kinds of things going over there, so who knows. From what I hear they are betting on the JV QB from Central.  He was the JV starter last year, only played half the season because of a broken hand (I think) suffered in a game. They have a kid named Magic who transferred back from Union, but I hear he might have to sit 30 days. They start out the season with some tough games, at Bako, home against Damonte Ranch whose QB just comitted to Notre Dame. It may take them time to settle in and get a grove. Tough games for a new QB to start with.

Jazz

Sanger did look good in 7on7.  But what I noticed was that teams that played them played them striaght up nothing special on D.  You can't play 7on7 and let Jalen Cropper run around with single coverage in a real game.  Most teams looked like were getting kids ready for the season seeing who guard who like they should be doing.  I'm pretty sure during the season a coach will say if Cropper is a WR we a DB on him and a safety over the top, or if he is a tRB put a helmet in him all game.  He was un guardable in 7on7. With time you didn't even have to put near the money to him, he was highlight in the games I saw him play. 

Jazz