News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

My top 10 D1 Pre Season Rankings

Started by the football guy, July 15, 2017, 06:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: The Eye in the Sky on August 10, 2017, 03:59:29 PM
I would add off season weights and conditioning to that list.

I think that falls under coaching staff, how committed are/were they in the off season to get the kids ready.

Sixtynine

I gave my initial rankings in early July, but after seeing some practices and getting info.....this will be my official D1 top 10

1.) Bakersfield -- Defending valley champions who return 4 of their top 5 leading rushers. Also return top 2 WRs. They need to replace some on defense, but do return leading tackler. They have the best coach in the section. This is your valley champion unless the injury bug hits.

2.) Central -- I hate hyping up/rooting for Central, but I believe this team is headed for another VC appearance. There wasn't a Central Section team outside of Bakersfield who was able to stop a sophomore Trent Tompkins. He's a year older. 3 leading rushers return and add RB Marcus Washington who is a top 3 player in the TRAC when healthy. Like previously mentioned, top WR returns as well. Not sure of his name, but I do know that they have an incoming sophomore who will be among their top offensive weapons as well. Was supposed to be a varsity player last year, but there were off-field incidents. Need to fill slots on defense, but I believe in Coach Biggs as he's one of the best as well.

3.) Liberty -- I will start Liberty here because they mostly own every section team outside of Bakersfield High since Bryan Nixon took over. That includes an 8-2 record against TRAC schools. Number three is a lofty ranking for a team that needs to replace many key spots, but Nixon is a plus coach. Sammy Stewart is a stud at RB/MLB and return QB who started as a sophomore last year. Solid JV team. 3 and 4 could flip after week 1, but since Liberty is at home and CW is starting a new QB, I'll place the Pats here...............but again, it could change soon. I'll eat my crow after week 1 if I have to.

4.) Clovis West -- This group of seniors are entering their 3rd year of varsity football and this has always been looked at as "the year" for them. This team would be a shoe-in for a VC appearance with a healthy, senior Martinez. However, that's not the case. The Eagles will have weapons ALL over the field, but we'll see if Chachere can be the guy at QB. Four losses w/ relatively healthy team last year raises some questions. Undersized o-line and d-line, but best group of linebackers in the section along with a really good secondary. Again, I believe Martinez bailed this offense out at times with his athletic ability last year.... we will see in 2017 if it was scheme, or simply star power from the SEC commit.

5.) Buchanan -- Kendall Milton will be playing on Sundays and that counts for something. Good o-line returns three starters from last season. Also, insert Trevor Ervin at RB who nearly rushed for 1,000 yards last year (though his services will be shifted to mostly linebacker). Milton will be the bell cow in 2017, but they provide a good 1-2 punch. Biggest question will be at QB. Most likely will be Bailey who transferred from CN. They'll use an easy non-conference schedule to give everyone reps. Leading WR returns along with transfer Brock Jones from CN.

6.) Edison -- Star power galore with multiple D1 commits. Offensive and Defensive d-line a question mark as it always is. Most thought team was a year away last year.

7.) Clovis -- Seniors everywhere last season. Coach Hammond is one of the best in the business and will have the Cougars competing come TRAC play. It might be a process early in the year, though.

8.) Sanger -- I'll give the nod to Sanger here. Easy schedule should give them a 5-0 record heading into CMAC play. Cropper is one of the best players in the section and should dominate. Replace a ton, but JV team went 10-0.

9.) Clovis North

10.) Bullard

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Sofa_King Special

just a question does summer performance enter anybodies mind when putting a list of factors together?  Not advocating for either one positive or negative but does it equate to wins/losses throughout the year?

MonarchPride

Passing tournaments help keep kids fresh but you definitely can't judge a team by them. If you aint got an O-line it's all for nothing.

Sixtynine

Quote from: Sixtynine on August 11, 2017, 12:19:07 AM
I gave my initial rankings in early July, but after seeing some practices and getting info.....this will be my official D1 top 10

1.) Bakersfield -- Defending valley champions who return 4 of their top 5 leading rushers. Also return top 2 WRs. They need to replace some on defense, but do return leading tackler. They have the best coach in the section. This is your valley champion unless the injury bug hits.

2.) Central -- I hate hyping up/rooting for Central, but I believe this team is headed for another VC appearance. There wasn't a Central Section team outside of Bakersfield who was able to stop a sophomore Trent Tompkins. He's a year older. 3 leading rushers return and add RB Marcus Washington who is a top 3 player in the TRAC when healthy. Like previously mentioned, top WR returns as well. Not sure of his name, but I do know that they have an incoming sophomore who will be among their top offensive weapons as well. Was supposed to be a varsity player last year, but there were off-field incidents. Need to fill slots on defense, but I believe in Coach Biggs as he's one of the best as well.

3.) Liberty -- I will start Liberty here because they mostly own every section team outside of Bakersfield High since Bryan Nixon took over. That includes an 8-2 record against TRAC schools. Number three is a lofty ranking for a team that needs to replace many key spots, but Nixon is a plus coach. Sammy Stewart is a stud at RB/MLB and return QB who started as a sophomore last year. Solid JV team. 3 and 4 could flip after week 1, but since Liberty is at home and CW is starting a new QB, I'll place the Pats here...............but again, it could change soon. I'll eat my crow after week 1 if I have to.

4.) Clovis West -- This group of seniors are entering their 3rd year of varsity football and this has always been looked at as "the year" for them. This team would be a shoe-in for a VC appearance with a healthy, senior Martinez. However, that's not the case. The Eagles will have weapons ALL over the field, but we'll see if Chachere can be the guy at QB. Four losses w/ relatively healthy team last year raises some questions. Undersized o-line and d-line, but best group of linebackers in the section along with a really good secondary. Again, I believe Martinez bailed this offense out at times with his athletic ability last year.... we will see in 2017 if it was scheme, or simply star power from the SEC commit.

5.) Buchanan -- Kendall Milton will be playing on Sundays and that counts for something. Good o-line returns three starters from last season. Also, insert Trevor Ervin at RB who nearly rushed for 1,000 yards last year (though his services will be shifted to mostly linebacker). Milton will be the bell cow in 2017, but they provide a good 1-2 punch. Biggest question will be at QB. Most likely will be Bailey who transferred from CN. They'll use an easy non-conference schedule to give everyone reps. Leading WR returns along with transfer Brock Jones from CN.

6.) Edison -- Star power galore with multiple D1 commits. Offensive and Defensive d-line a question mark as it always is. Most thought team was a year away last year.

7.) Clovis -- Seniors everywhere last season. Coach Hammond is one of the best in the business and will have the Cougars competing come TRAC play. It might be a process early in the year, though.

8.) Sanger -- I'll give the nod to Sanger here. Easy schedule should give them a 5-0 record heading into CMAC play. Cropper is one of the best players in the section and should dominate. Replace a ton, but JV team went 10-0.

9.) Clovis North

10.) Bullard

Ill add Ridgeview to #9, drop Clovis North to #10 heading into week 2. Everything else remains the same for D1 rankings.

Sixtynine

Bump this thread because it's fun to read through and look back

ThetruthBeTold

Quote from: Sixtynine on August 11, 2017, 12:19:07 AM

9.) Clovis North

10.) Bullard

I like you list.  I would only switch BHS and Central.  IMO Central is by far the best team in the section.  But other then that, it's good!

Sofa_King Special

So what you are saying is that your mid season rankings would be the same just switch BHS & Central?  IF not what would your mid season rankings be?

1. Central
2. Bako
3. Buchanan
4. CW
5. Clovis
6. Sanger
7. Liberty
8. Edison
9. Bullard
10. Centennial

Zcoach

This what Maxpreps has, personally I think Bakersfield should be 1 or 2 because of the monster non-league schedule they've had

Division 1
1   Central (Fresno)      4-1   49.1   31.6
2   Buchanan (Clovis)   5-0   40.5   16.5
3   Clovis West (Fresno)   4-1   39.7   25.7
4   Bakersfield      2-3   33.5   48.9
5   Sanger         5-0   26.3   1.6
6   Clovis         4-1   24.1   18.0
7   Liberty (Bakersfield)   1-4   23.9   45.7
8   Edison (Fresno)      2-3   23.0   29.7

Sixtynine

Quote from: Sofa_King Special on October 04, 2017, 09:44:00 AM
So what you are saying is that your mid season rankings would be the same just switch BHS & Central?  IF not what would your mid season rankings be?

1. Central
2. Bako
3. Buchanan
4. CW
5. Clovis
6. Sanger
7. Liberty
8. Edison
9. Bullard
10. Centennial

1. Central
2. Bako
3. Buchanan
4. CW
5. Sanger
6. Clovis
7. Edison
8. Ridgeview
9. Liberty
10. Bullard

the football guy

My Mid Season Rankings.....

1. Central
2.CW
3.BHS
4.Clovis
5.Buchanan
6.Sanger
7.Edison
8.Centennianl
9.Ridgeview
10.???????

mine has change a bit from my original post

ThetruthBeTold

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the game of the week will be Sanger vs Bullard.  If Sanger can SMASH Bullard then i'll bump them up to a legitimate TOP 5

Sofa_King Special

Big Bad Wolf

Quote from: the football guy on October 04, 2017, 11:06:10 AM
My Mid Season Rankings.....

1. Central
2.CW
3.BHS
4.Clovis
5.Buchanan
6.Sanger
7.Edison
8.Centennianl
9.Ridgeview
10.???????

mine has change a bit from my original post

Very interesting rankings!! Do you and Pagmeter discuss together??

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: the football guy on July 15, 2017, 06:21:25 PM
Ok Fellas!! Lets have fun..1 month out.
This is my opinion of rankings. Criteria is based off how the team did the year before(wins and loss),Returning players (D1 too),experience of team, weather they have QB play or RB play etc. And how the coaching staff did the year before based off record, who had a better offensive team and defensive team and special teams...(general numbers)
1.CW- experience/star powdered/ QB play/good staff
2.BHS- experience/ star powdered/ QB play/great staff
3.Central-young/star powered/QB play/ good staff
4.Buchanan- young/star powdered/RB play/Good staff
5.Edison-unproven team/star powered/WR play/good staff
6. Clovis-unproven team/has players/Great staff
7.Liberty Bakersfield-unproven/has players/ RB play/good staff
8.Sanger-Unproven/has players/WR play/good staff
9.Graces-Unproven/ has players/RB play/good staff
10.Bullard-un proven/has players/good staff
Un proven means mix class or coming off under achieving season.
This is all for fun guys.. its been  rather dead around here and we are way  too close... lets get after it....
(CW is based off A.M. plays)

I think Garces is D2
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

the football guy

Quote from: Big Bad Wolf on October 04, 2017, 01:25:58 PM
Very interesting rankings!! Do you and Pagmeter discuss together??
LOL  ....Nope, infact Iam not at all to big on him

Beercat

How I see it as of this week  ....

1. Central 
2. Buchanan 
3. Clovis West
4. Bakersfield 
5. Sanger
6. Frontier 
7. Clovis
8. Edison
9.  Ridgeview