News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

It's all about the $

Started by MonarchPride, August 10, 2017, 09:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonarchPride

It takes time to change schedules. Most are on a 4 game cycle. If they stay in the same league those games won't change but they do adjust the pre league schedules.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: MonarchPride on August 10, 2017, 05:22:53 PM
Because in the other thread you were pointing out the disparity and questioning how the small schools could compete then on here saying they have losing cultures and you don't expect them to win.  Contradictory points of view

I'm not sure I said could not compete, if I did I'd like to see that. It making sense that a school with 1900+ kids is in the same division as a school with 1300 is not the same thing as saying can't compete.

MonarchPride

It's called context. When you say "how can you justify the big schools with the smaller schools" one would assume that you are saying how can the small schools compete with the big schools. This is after all a competitive sport we are talking about.

CDBass

Question...Does anybody know? Does the CIF CS choose the schools that change divisions or are the schools requesting it. I know some schools have resisted when they were told they were moving down or up but I'm don't think most of these schools requested a change. I'm not in the loop so I could be wrong.

TeddyKGB

No its an assumption and one shouldn't assume. You could have also taken it to mean how can you justify not having schools play schools their own size no matter how poor they perform. In fact it really doesn't matter what you think I meant I know what I was getting at.

MonarchPride

You're from Kern County... I'll give you a pass. I know we share the same over all feeling when it comes to the way the CIF manipulates the system.

footballforever

Quote from: CDBass on August 11, 2017, 12:43:13 PM
Question...Does anybody know? Does the CIF CS choose the schools that change divisions or are the schools requesting it. I know some schools have resisted when they were told they were moving down or up but I'm don't think most of these schools requested a change. I'm not in the loop so I could be wrong.
The process
CIF evaluates the schools/programs and scores them on a set of criteria (available on the website) and adjusts schools up and down based on the principle of competitive equity. If you are good, you move up, bad you move down. the list is presented to board of managers and voted on for each season. There is a deadline after publication of the list and before the vote in which schools may appeal to stay where they are or move based on a list of factors. It used to be that appeal was based on proving a lack of due process (errors in the evaluation process) but that was changed to allow for circumstances particular to the school.
Col 3:23

CDBass

Thank you, that's very helpful.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: cwsdrew3 on August 12, 2017, 04:17:27 PM
The crop of kids at Golden West hasn't changed until last year now that Pinkham (Elementary) is going from Mt. Whitney back to GW.  Which will hurt MW and actually help GW.  Everyone familiar with Golden West in this area knows that the difference has been Stan Kanawyer.  The guy is a Wing T genius and has turned them around.  Preheim's first 3 years before Stan came were 2-8, 1-9, 2-8... They got better because of an outstanding coach not because kids from El D and Redwood were suddenly going to GW.

each year there is a new crop of kids or do kids not graduate at GW? Crop doesn't refer to where the kids are coming in from geographically or demographically, it means its a new group of kids.
I'm sure that the change in coach has made a difference.

MonarchPride

Someone needs a lesson in semantics and context.

MonarchPride