Author Topic: Valley Coaches/ MLB Comparisons  (Read 521 times)

Offline RoughRider84

• Waterboy
    • View Profile
Valley Coaches/ MLB Comparisons
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »
Has been a while since we have had anything fun on here. I want to compare our valley coaches to MLB managers, please add to the list or comment and make this fun.

1. James Patrick- Clovis High School (Bruce Bochy) All Coach Patrick does is win, the Giants are having a down year, but that doesn't take away what Bruce has done, similar body language and backing for players also.

2. Andy Underwood- Madera High School (Clint Hurdle) This guy wins with what he has every year and his teams pitch. Similar to Pirates and Coach Hurdle.

3. Ken Searcy- Tulare Western (Dusty Baker) Tulare Western makes noise in the playoffs yearly, just like the Nationals. Give Coach Searcy a toothpick and him and Dusty are definitely similar.

4. Cliff Rold- Edison High School (Buck Showalter)- This fiery manager has been going for years. Similar to Coach Rold, they are both consistent and know what it takes to win.

5. Tom Donald- Buchanan High School- (Mike Matheny)- The Cardinals and the Bears are as consistent as the day is long, not to mention both of these coaches will beat you in arm wrestling. Easy comparison here.

6. Jay Preuss- Kerman High School(Retired 17')- (Joe Maddon)- The players and parents love this guy, similar to Joe Maddon, he was the only one to bring a title to Kerman, just like the Cubs and Joe.

7. Jim Sirimarco- McLane (Mike Scoscia) Coach S has been at it for years, he does a great job, just like Coach Scoscia of the Angels.

Anybody else?

Offline Backstop

• Varsity
    • View Profile
Re: Valley Coaches/ MLB Comparisons
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:21:36 AM »
Brett Kendig-Lindsay HS (Bobby Cox)  Can prepare a team as good as anyone, and get the best production out of his players.  Always on the cusp of the Big Win, but destined to get it.  Can Jaw at opposing Coaches and Umps with the best of 'em

Offline guru09

• Paid Member
  • Team Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:36:45 AM »
JD Salles- San Joaquin Memorial (Bobby Cox)- I believe the 3rd year head coach leads the valley in ejections the last 2 years.  I can see Coach Salles, with the influx of big time transfers, going on a Braves type of run in the CMAC, that Bobby Cox enjoyed in the 90's with those great Atlanta teams.

Offline diamond king

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:05:39 PM »
Has been a while since we have had anything fun on here. I want to compare our valley coaches to MLB managers, please add to the list or comment and make this fun.

1. James Patrick- Clovis High School (Bruce Bochy) All Coach Patrick does is win, the Giants are having a down year, but that doesn't take away what Bruce has done, similar body language and backing for players also.

2. Andy Underwood- Madera High School (Clint Hurdle) This guy wins with what he has every year and his teams pitch. Similar to Pirates and Coach Hurdle.

3. Ken Searcy- Tulare Western (Dusty Baker) Tulare Western makes noise in the playoffs yearly, just like the Nationals. Give Coach Searcy a toothpick and him and Dusty are definitely similar.

4. Cliff Rold- Edison High School (Buck Showalter)- This fiery manager has been going for years. Similar to Coach Rold, they are both consistent and know what it takes to win.

5. Tom Donald- Buchanan High School- (Mike Matheny)- The Cardinals and the Bears are as consistent as the day is long, not to mention both of these coaches will beat you in arm wrestling. Easy comparison here.

6. Jay Preuss- Kerman High School(Retired 17')- (Joe Maddon)- The players and parents love this guy, similar to Joe Maddon, he was the only one to bring a title to Kerman, just like the Cubs and Joe.

7. Jim Sirimarco- McLane (Mike Scoscia) Coach S has been at it for years, he does a great job, just like Coach Scoscia of the Angels.

Anybody else?

This is way off!!

Offline diamond king

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »
Brett Kendig-Lindsay HS (Bobby Cox)  Can prepare a team as good as anyone, and get the best production out of his players.  Always on the cusp of the Big Win, but destined to get it.  Can Jaw at opposing Coaches and Umps with the best of 'em

way off

Offline diamond king

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
JD Salles- San Joaquin Memorial (Bobby Cox)- I believe the 3rd year head coach leads the valley in ejections the last 2 years.  I can see Coach Salles, with the influx of big time transfers, going on a Braves type of run in the CMAC, that Bobby Cox enjoyed in the 90's with those great Atlanta teams.

spot on lol

Offline Timmy Winn

• Waterboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »
These comparison threads are always ridiculous. With that said, I've always thought of Coach Patrick as more of a Dusty Baker type. Player's manager all the way. I love Bochy but he has zero charisma compared to Coach P.

I can see the comparison with Donald and Matheny though. Not because of the arm wrestling, more in regards to the dead behind the eyes, soulless stare that can only be caused by hundreds of concussions.

CVHSPREPS.COM - FORUMS

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »