Author Topic: Illegal Immigrants Costing Tax Payers $115 Billion a Year  (Read 590 times)

Offline diesel

• Platinum Supporter
  • Legend of the Game
  • Keep On Truckin!!
    • View Profile

Offline Just_A_Fan

• Perception Is Reality
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Illegal Immigrants Costing Tax Payers $115 Billion a Year
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »
Just a little light reading to get you started......

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/01/farm-subsidies-trump-budget-cuts-has-agriculture-industry-worried.html

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/04/oil-subsidies-renewable-energy-tax-breaks/

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

The farm insurance program needs to be adjusted.  The government through puts that in there to protect the national food supply long term.  The farmers pay in a lot to it but IMO they should be covering more of the cost.  Means you will pay more at the grocery store but oh well.

The oil article is BS....again a leftist view of "subsidies" when all those are is allowances for writing off the costs of exploration and production....there is no tax payer money going out here....it's no different than my company being able to write off investments in new server hardware in the year in which they are purchased....no government money involved, I just get to write off MY monetary INVESTMENT which CREATES JOBS.....thus the tax incentive to put up MY money, not the tax payers money......not sure why people find this so damn difficult to understand.

Offline diesel

• Platinum Supporter
  • Legend of the Game
  • Keep On Truckin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
The farm insurance program needs to be adjusted.  The government through puts that in there to protect the national food supply long term.  The farmers pay in a lot to it but IMO they should be covering more of the cost.  Means you will pay more at the grocery store but oh well.

The oil article is BS....again a leftist view of "subsidies" when all those are is allowances for writing off the costs of exploration and production....there is no tax payer money going out here....it's no different than my company being able to write off investments in new server hardware in the year in which they are purchased....no government money involved, I just get to write off MY monetary INVESTMENT which CREATES JOBS.....thus the tax incentive to put up MY money, not the tax payers money......not sure why people find this so damn difficult to understand.

In my opinion (and many others) the oil industry is unlike your industry in that profits exceed investment by an exorbitant amount and that particular industry doesn't need never-ending tax breaks to continue making a profit.

Offline bksflddan

• Spend it all before your kids!
  • All-Star
  • Come to Fight ... Come to Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 11:36:19 AM »
In my opinion (and many others) the oil industry is unlike your industry in that profits exceed investment by an exorbitant amount and that particular industry doesn't need never-ending tax breaks to continue making a profit.

Taxes are five times the profits per gallon ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Offline diesel

• Platinum Supporter
  • Legend of the Game
  • Keep On Truckin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »
Taxes are five times the profits per gallon ...

Even if this is true, the oil industry doesn't need a break.......they are making plenty of $$$......

Offline izne1home

• Platinum Supporter
  • Legend of the Game
  • 나는 너를 걷어차
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »
Even if this is true, the oil industry doesn't need a break.......they are making plenty of $$$......

... and employing hundreds of thousands of tax paying citizens.  Sort of a balancing act.

Offline diesel

• Platinum Supporter
  • Legend of the Game
  • Keep On Truckin!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 03:14:25 PM »
... and employing hundreds of thousands of tax paying citizens.  Sort of a balancing act.

This is the problem I see with tax breaks for BIG anything! We're supposed to bend over backward and pay for the infrastructure that EVERYONE uses but when the question of why some multi-BILLION dollar corporation isn't paying their fair share, this is what we hear.......

Offline bksflddan

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »
This is the problem I see with tax breaks for BIG anything! We're supposed to bend over backward and pay for the infrastructure that EVERYONE uses but when the question of why some multi-BILLION dollar corporation isn't paying their fair share, this is what we hear.......

The highest paying tax base in KC is the Oil Patch ...

And KC is the largest AG County in CA ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Offline Just_A_Fan

• Perception Is Reality
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 02:38:58 PM »

Go look up how much in taxes the oil industry pays....staggering amounts.

Offline Forceuser

• Team Captain
  • The truth is hard to swallow
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »
In the delight of fair share.....why dont we just go to a flat tax for all businesses.  Take away capital gains, take away subsidies, take away the corporate tax code.  One flat tax and call it a day.  That is fair....as fair can be.  Also, do the same for all people in the US.  Flat tax.  So everyone has skin in the game.  That is FAIR....
ďAll life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today.Ē
― Pope Paul VI

Offline bksflddan

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »
In the delight of fair share.....why dont we just go to a flat tax for all businesses.  Take away capital gains, take away subsidies, take away the corporate tax code.  One flat tax and call it a day.  That is fair....as fair can be.  Also, do the same for all people in the US.  Flat tax.  So everyone has skin in the game.  That is FAIR....

Corporations donít pay taxes in actuality ... you and I do ...

But I agree a Flat rate 20% would simplify everything and bring costs down and investments up considerably!

Run fast! Stay Low!

Offline Just_A_Fan

• Perception Is Reality
  • Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »
Corporations donít pay taxes in actuality ... you and I do ...

But I agree a Flat rate 20% would simplify everything and bring costs down and investments up considerably!

Yep....easy, gross income minus expenses, balance * .20 = taxes owed....period.

CVHSPREPS.COM - FORUMS

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »