News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TAKING A KNEE AT HS FOOTBALL

Started by Flamingo, October 04, 2017, 08:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Monarch today that coach would be crucified as a racist.

The connection is that all issues can be corrected at the home and traced back to a bad home life, that crime starts with poverty, uneducated and single parent home. Your reply is what I see as one side unwilling to accept any blame instead you made an asinine remark like single parents breed great athletes, had I made a comment like that you'd be ranting that I'm a klansman. No you can't make men into fathers but you can start holding those t-rds accountable. I would like to see of the number of black people that were commiting a crime and where killed by a cop, justified or not how many came from a single parent home...thats where the article connects.

axel foley

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 06, 2017, 02:21:28 PM
Monarch today that coach would be crucified as a racist.

The connection is that all issues can be corrected at the home and traced back to a bad home life, that crime starts with poverty, uneducated and single parent home. Your reply is what I see as one side unwilling to accept any blame instead you made an asinine remark like single parents breed great athletes, had I made a comment like that you'd be ranting that I'm a klansman. No you can't make men into fathers but you can start holding those t-rds accountable. I would like to see of the number of black people that were commiting a crime and where killed by a cop, justified or not how many came from a single parent home...thats where the article connects.

i said it as a joke... and as i said earlier i dont get offended... i will ask that we not make this about black fathers and just say absent fathers.  states with low black population definitely arent lacking in crime.
not all things are home driven either.  rich kids just have better means to fight it. they also have different kinds of felonies.

anthilllegend

You missed the memo Axel..............no one is talking about the issue..........their talking about the mode of the protest.  Since this whole thing started (last year) The Anthill has not heard one conversation about inequality or injustice in a discussion that has worked toward an end or resolution to the problem.  But everyday I hear about who is or is not standing.  This protest died when Kaepernich sold out and said he would no longer sit for the anthem.......when he started to realize that his career was basically over if he continued on.  This is known as a sell out.........if the original complaint was worth sitting for 12 months ago..........then why was it not worth sitting for today.........after all nothing has changed.   The recent protest are about political preferences. And denial of losing an election..........specifically the hating of the President........Kaepernich message never got off the round, because he was the wrong front man.......now it doesn't have a leader.........because he needs a job ( and a job supersedes the cause)........ so he quit.  Go figure!

TeddyKGB

axel, the protest by kneeling as I understand it is over police brutality towards blacks and the systemic racism that allows such police brutality, is that correct or not? So, why would we say absent fathers? Why is it now that we are to say absent fathers, when its a black president we hear about the black president or the black judge or black lawyer or black business owner or whatever. This protest is not about crime rate or economic advantages, its about the injustice to blacks and as I said before its no doubt and issue and a very legit issue. I didn't say all things are home driven but a child with two parents at home has a far better chance to succeed than a single parent home, regardless of income or socio-economical situation.

Quote from: anthilllegend on October 06, 2017, 02:55:32 PM
  Since this whole thing started (last year) The Anthill has not heard one conversation about inequality or injustice in a discussion that has worked toward an end or resolution to the problem.

this is what I mentioned, whats the solution?

axel foley

Quote from: anthilllegend on October 06, 2017, 02:55:32 PM
You missed the memo Axel..............no one is talking about the issue..........their talking about the mode of the protest.  Since this whole thing started (last year) The Anthill has not heard one conversation about inequality or injustice in a discussion that has worked toward an end or resolution to the problem.  But everyday I hear about who is or is not standing.  This protest died when Kaepernich sold out and said he would no longer sit for the anthem.......when he started to realize that his career was basically over if he continued on.  This is known as a sell out.........if the original complaint was worth sitting for 12 months ago..........then why was it not worth sitting for today.........after all nothing has changed.   The recent protest are about political preferences. And denial of losing an election..........specifically the hating of the President........Kaepernich message never got off the round, because he was the wrong front man.......now it doesn't have a leader.........because he needs a job ( and a job supersedes the cause)........ so he quit.  Go figure!

you are all over the place so i will just pass.

axel foley

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 06, 2017, 03:10:13 PM
axel, the protest by kneeling as I understand it is over police brutality towards blacks and the systemic racism that allows such police brutality, is that correct or not? So, why would we say absent fathers? Why is it now that we are to say absent fathers, when its a black president we hear about the black president or the black judge or black lawyer or black business owner or whatever. This protest is not about crime rate or economic advantages, its about the injustice to blacks and as I said before its no doubt and issue and a very legit issue. I didn't say all things are home driven but a child with two parents at home has a far better chance to succeed than a single parent home, regardless of income or socio-economical situation.

this is what I mentioned, whats the solution?

i only speak of myself and those i work with who fight injustice. we dont get to pick a race or socio-eco situation. we fight for all.
no easy fix. however if one trigger happy police officer or unfair judge hears the cries and thinks..well then its a start.

footballforever

Quote from: MonarchPride on October 06, 2017, 02:02:59 PM
My first day of H.S. Football was a rude awakening. The first thing out of the coach's mouth was "Welcome to HS Football, you may all be a bunch of wet backs and ditch bank okies but from here on out you are one team working as a single unit."

It seems to me that things kind of backfired.

It seems to me that the Ditch Bank Okies I know wear that label with pride.
Col 3:23

ScoutTeamFish3

anthilllegend

Bingo Axel.................the Anthill is all over the place...........because the protests are all over the place. Nobody knows which team is protesting what?  It's basically a cluster ph.....k!

Quinntheeskimo

At 1-4 it sounds like they've been taking a knee for most of the season.  They'd do better to try to stand on their own two feet and look in the mirror.

Phoenix

nfl is nothin but a buncha poser pusssssssies

dont see that in baseball

take a knee whenb the flags despalyed an your suckin D

diesel

Quote from: Phoenix on October 11, 2017, 07:01:39 PM

This is exactly why I don't understand any of this......we're fired up when a man takes a knee in solemn protest but we're ok with a man wearing the flag as underwear? And other men dumping alcohol on it? I'm confused.......

axel foley

Quote from: Phoenix on October 11, 2017, 07:01:39 PM

bruh... what are you even saying???

Eaglemeat

Quote from: TheRickestRick on October 05, 2017, 01:24:07 PM
I stand for the anthem, and always will. And to take a knee is disrespecting what our flag represents for those who've served and died for our country. But no one is taking a knee intending to disrespect those soldiers. You can feel offended by it, and I get that, but if you just bash these kids because their copying NFL players(which some of them are I bet) you're missing the entire reason they are kneeling. Which is to talk about the racial injustice in our schools and to try and fix the problem in the community and in our country. I don't know what would be a better way to protest, I do feel that the national anthem isn't the best option, but until people actually talk about the problem of racial injustice then players will continue to kneel.  I felt angry at all this when it started over a year ago, but being angry will not change or fix anything. I've had lots of healthy and respectful discussions with friends and family on this topic. And I can't say it's made a huge impact on a lot of people, but for just that small amount it has made me and my friends more aware of how racism is still around more than I grew up believing and I have no tolerance for racism when I see it. To me that is what should come from this, not more hate. We are all greatful for our military and many have given their lives so that we may have a better America, but it starts with us as Americans being aware of the issues our country has and starting with ourselves by not tolerating any injustice we come across.

Well said.

the football guy

Quote from: diesel on October 12, 2017, 08:27:42 AM
This is exactly why I don't understand any of this......we're fired up when a man takes a knee in solemn protest but we're ok with a man wearing the flag as underwear? And other men dumping alcohol on it? I'm confused.......

because its not really about the flag........
you cant be mad at players protesting and laugh at this picture and say this is not disrespectful.....
o....I get it, its lockeroom talk

CWClassof2007

Quote from: the football guy on October 12, 2017, 09:53:07 AM

because its not really about the flag........
you cant be mad at players protesting and laugh at this picture and say this is not disrespectful.....
o....I get it, its lockeroom talk
Spot on.

axel foley

Quote from: TheRickestRick on October 05, 2017, 01:24:07 PM
I stand for the anthem, and always will. And to take a knee is disrespecting what our flag represents for those who've served and died for our country. But no one is taking a knee intending to disrespect those soldiers. You can feel offended by it, and I get that, but if you just bash these kids because their copying NFL players(which some of them are I bet) you're missing the entire reason they are kneeling. Which is to talk about the racial injustice in our schools and to try and fix the problem in the community and in our country. I don't know what would be a better way to protest, I do feel that the national anthem isn't the best option, but until people actually talk about the problem of racial injustice then players will continue to kneel.  I felt angry at all this when it started over a year ago, but being angry will not change or fix anything. I've had lots of healthy and respectful discussions with friends and family on this topic. And I can't say it's made a huge impact on a lot of people, but for just that small amount it has made me and my friends more aware of how racism is still around more than I grew up believing and I have no tolerance for racism when I see it. To me that is what should come from this, not more hate. We are all greatful for our military and many have given their lives so that we may have a better America, but it starts with us as Americans being aware of the issues our country has and starting with ourselves by not tolerating any injustice we come across.

thats good stuff... the important thing about protest is they are meant to make some uncomfortable. usually the people that need to acknowledge it so you pick a time a place where you know they will be watching.... if they protested on 98th and International Blvd in East Oakland how many would actually listen? If they protested after the game of Farmersville vs Dinuba well again who would care...

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: axel foley on October 12, 2017, 04:09:43 PM
thats good stuff... the important thing about protest is they are meant to make some uncomfortable. usually the people that need to acknowledge it so you pick a time a place where you know they will be watching.... if they protested on 98th and International Blvd in East Oakland how many would actually listen? If they protested after the game of Farmersville vs Dinuba well again who would care...

There wouldn't be a protest in Dinuba.........EVER for the record
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

ThetruthBeTold

Protesting should flat out be banned in sports.  I would have to imagine that the vast majority don't even know what they are protesting about??  :-\

diesel

Quote from: ThetruthBeTold on October 13, 2017, 09:50:20 AM
Protesting should flat out be banned in sports.  I would have to imagine that the vast majority don't even know what they are protesting about??  :-\

Yeah, they should've arrested Mohamed Ali when he protested the war in Vietnam!! Oh, wait......nevermind.....

diesel