News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Finally Got the Bike Done

Started by Just_A_Fan, October 31, 2017, 06:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just_A_Fan

Got our Indian Roadmaster in late Frebruary and been working on her little by little ever since.  She's got custom headers, exhaust, air intake, seat/upholstery, 19" front rim/tire, and a bunch of other little mods/bolt-ons.  I'M DONE, LOL...thought you all might like to see her.  Sorry for the crappy picture, I'm not a very good photographer 

bksflddan

Can't open but I know the labor of love involved especially for in Indian.

My son brought one back from Wichita for his business partner about five years ago. His business partner has every 1972 Triumph Model restored to show room condition. Quite a collection.
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: bksflddan on October 31, 2017, 04:34:20 PM
Can't open but I know the labor of love involved especially for in Indian.

My son brought one back from Wichita for his business partner about five years ago. His business partner has every 1972 Triumph Model restored to show room condition. Quite a collection.

Was working fine yesterday....not sure what account I need to update to get the pics to start showing again, here or at photobucket.  Hmmm

bksflddan

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on November 01, 2017, 05:44:00 AM
Was working fine yesterday....not sure what account I need to update to get the pics to start showing again, here or at photobucket.  Hmmm

I think photobucket just started charging $400.00 a year ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: bksflddan on November 01, 2017, 09:25:16 AM
I think photobucket just started charging $400.00 a year ...

Don't use it but one in a great while so haven't paid a lot of attention....the site is awful it has so many pop up adds....guess I'll have to find another hosting site.

bksflddan

Run fast! Stay Low!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: bksflddan on November 04, 2017, 04:38:33 PM
It's beautiful,

Thanks!!  She's a dream to ride, you wouldn't believe how nimble and well balanced she is.

laidback

WOW! All I can say is, it's absolutely beautiful.
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

SCrubjay

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on November 05, 2017, 04:38:21 AM
Thanks!!  She's a dream to ride, you wouldn't believe how nimble and well balanced she is.

on the motorcycle topic... spent last week in Manhattan Beach and was lanesplit by a guy on a Zero...  scared the S outta me...  I have NOTHING against lanesplitting but doing so a motorcycle that makes virtually no sound is nuts...  came out of nowhere...  interesting looking bike though... gotta be a great commuter.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: SCrubjay on November 14, 2017, 03:35:29 PM
on the motorcycle topic... spent last week in Manhattan Beach and was lanesplit by a guy on a Zero...  scared the S outta me...  I have NOTHING against lanesplitting but doing so a motorcycle that makes virtually no sound is nuts...  came out of nowhere...  interesting looking bike though... gotta be a great commuter.

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/

I don't lane split too often on my bike, she's a little big to be slipping between cars :)  BUT she let's you know she's there with a nice rumble :0
I wouldn't get a bike that's quiet like that..  Big and loud is the best bike, so people know you are around.

diesel

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on November 15, 2017, 09:58:14 AM
I don't lane split too often on my bike, she's a little big to be slipping between cars :)  BUT she let's you know she's there with a nice rumble :0
I wouldn't get a bike that's quiet like that..  Big and loud is the best bike, so people know you are around.

Just put a playing card in the wheel so they can hear you coming.........LOL!!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: diesel on November 15, 2017, 01:49:18 PM
Just put a playing card in the wheel so they can hear you coming.........LOL!!

LMAO....okay that one brought coffee up the nose :0

Baseball101

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on November 15, 2017, 09:58:14 AM

LOUD PIPES save lives...so they say.
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Baseball101

"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher