News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Who will take TRAC this year?

Started by Baseball Mom, December 08, 2017, 09:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baseball Mom

Who do you all think will be the TRAC champs this year? 

Baseball101

Quote from: Baseball Mom on December 08, 2017, 09:11:00 AM
Who do you all think will be the TRAC champs this year?

Buchanan High School
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

diamond king

Ty Cobb

Quote from: diamond king on December 10, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Don't act like they have it in the bag

Its pretty much in the bag. Who's going to put up a challenge? 

Jim Jefferies

After what happened in Visalia last spring i dont think ANYONE has it "IN THE BAG"............

Black_n_Blue

I agree, but winning the TRAC and winning a single game in Visalia are two different things. Hopefully our section will adopt a 3 game series for our championship like other sections in CA.

Baseball101

Quote from: diamond king on December 10, 2017, 02:59:47 PM
Don't act like they have it in the bag

Of course not...however, I wouldn't bet against them
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Baseball Mom

Clovis was ready to play and did great. Buchanan wasn't.

I was more interested in what does everybody have? 

I hear West has some good pitching, Clovis is always strong, and Central getting Fonts should be good.  Not sure what Buchanan has, other then Jones and Hormel.  Fontain hasn't pitched a ton but should be strong come season.

Old man scout

Buchanan will be very good this year. Pitching they have King Fountain, have the best two center fielders in Jones and Ortiz. Two more Ortiz and Hormel just off the top of my head. Got to find a catcher. The factory keeps pumping out players and a couple top ones transfer in. Hard to beat. See a 12 3 league record.

Baseball Mom

Yea I see the Catcher position as being a need.  Pretty big shoes to fill with Presno gone.  Miggy in outfield with Jones should be solid.  We will see on pitching, not convinced yet.  They got another transfer from West for the infield from what I hear.

Baseball101

My question in regards to Buchanan is...where are all their seniors?

Baseball Mom

Most of them are pitchers except for the one Ortiz that played on JV last year and Rentaria that shared time at Right. At least that is what I can remember. Seems like a few are pinch runners as well.

Baseball101

Quote from: Baseball Mom on December 11, 2017, 02:32:15 PM
Most of them are pitchers except for the one Ortiz that played on JV last year and Rentaria that shared time at Right. At least that is what I can remember. Seems like a few are pinch runners as well.

Ok gotcha...so no big name seniors this coming season?

Baseball Mom

Just going off of Summer ball, not really. Some ok players but not sure how much play time they will get.  Keenan Wolf, 1st base, is a great athlete but they had Fontain at that position most of Summer. Jack Wilkins, outfielder, is another good athlete and hit really well over Summer.  Just don't know how it will all play out.  Alex Ortiz is a senior, looks to be playing 3rd, but not impressed.  Again, this is just from what I saw during Summer at tourneys.

Baseball101

Quote from: Baseball Mom on December 12, 2017, 08:59:34 AM
Just going off of Summer ball, not really. Some ok players but not sure how much play time they will get.  Keenan Wolf, 1st base, is a great athlete but they had Fontain at that position most of Summer. Jack Wilkins, outfielder, is another good athlete and hit really well over Summer.  Just don't know how it will all play out.  Alex Ortiz is a senior, looks to be playing 3rd, but not impressed.  Again, this is just from what I saw during Summer at tourneys.

Interesting...this years Senior class seems to have been bypassed...thanks for the info

Black_n_Blue

Quote from: Baseball101 on December 12, 2017, 10:45:31 AM
Interesting...this years Senior class seems to have been bypassed...thanks for the info

Buchanan strength is in their Junior/2019 class and Freshmen/2021 class.

Catcher battle will be between CN transfers, freshman (Austin Young) & junior (Tanner Larsen).

Baseball Mom

I think they are both North transfers aren't they? 

Arruda was marked to be the catcher this year, I had heard,  but he quit baseball.  Not sure why.  I believe he was in the rotation with the Frosh and the junior.

RoughRider84

Clovis West will win the TRAC

Chase Prieto SR (Power bat and stellar defense)
Schramm
Wright II
Simas Brothers

My only question is who will catch for the Eagles? I heard the catcher Shcramm wont be playing. If the Eagles can find a catcher, they will be relevant at the end of May and beyond.

Baseball101

Quote from: RoughRider84 on December 13, 2017, 08:29:16 AM
Clovis West will win the TRAC

Chase Prieto SR (Power bat and stellar defense)
Schramm
Wright II
Simas Brothers

My only question is who will catch for the Eagles? I heard the catcher Shcramm wont be playing. If the Eagles can find a catcher, they will be relevant at the end of May and beyond.

Prieto is a great player, Simas I've seen get rattled on the mound a few times...

I just don't see a TRAC Championship from this group.

Baseball101