News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TRAC players to watch

Started by Baseball Mom, December 20, 2017, 03:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazz

I checked on it, and Tompkins is playing baseball.  He was banged up from the Folsom football game, so this was his first week working out with baseball.

Sixtynine

I'm taking it as Mike Levya is no longer at Central since he was not on this list? He was a sophomore who came from Firebaugh last year
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Baseball Mom

No idea about Levya.  This is just what TRAC chose as the players to watch. 

Jazz

I heard a rumor he was going back to Firebaugh.  It's probaly true if they didn't have him on the list.

knightsrule04

Quote from: Black_n_Blue on December 29, 2017, 11:32:30 AM
A big add for Central is Sophomore Issac Ayon who transferred from Bullard. He's a Saint Mary commit.
That is correct. He could have been Bullard's ace this year, and eventually a four-year varsity player/star at one of the area's most historic programs. But apparently dad made the choice to send him to Central. Not sure why one would make THAT move. We'll see how long he's there...who knows, might be angling for another move at some point.

Honest question - has any local team been hurt by transfers/enrollment elsewhere as Bullard has over the last 10-20 years? Bullard still has a great youth baseball program, but for a while it has simply been supplying Edison and SJM with a lot of talent, as well as Central and CW to a much lesser extent.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

Ironwill

Watch out for Elijah Dandridge at Buchanan.   He was slated to be their center fielder last year as a sophomore but got injured.  Has a great bat and covers centerfield excellently..  As a Frosh playing JV he hit more home runs than any other player on the team.  I believe 9 over the fence.  Often tutored by Reggie Smith and is the God son of Adrian Beltre.  His dad is a well known player at Fresno State and played for the Dodgers... So He has great genes.. Elijah will be a force this year.

guru09

Quote from: Ironwill on January 12, 2018, 10:00:35 AM
Watch out for Elijah Dandridge at Buchanan.   He was slated to be their center fielder last year as a sophomore but got injured.  Has a great bat and covers centerfield excellently..  As a Frosh playing JV he hit more home runs than any other player on the team.  I believe 9 over the fence.  Often tutored by Reggie Smith and is the God son of Adrian Beltre.  His dad is a well known player at Fresno State and played for the Dodgers... So He has great genes.. Elijah will be a force this year.

Not taking anything away from this kid but their whole outfield returns and they added this guy named Brock Jones.

knightsrule04

*In the Dodgers system:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=dandri001bra

Decent player, it appears, but never actually appeared in the bigs.

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Baseball Mom

Don't think Dandridge will see the field this year.  He has been hurt a lot, and with Jones and Miggy Ortiz there, pretty sure the right field position will be taken by Rentarea or JD Ortiz.  Could be wrong and it is hard to say as he does not play Summer ball with the school.

Ironwill

Yes He did make to the bigs.. short drink of water.. and then tore up his elbow and had to have Tommy John surgery. He then retired..

Elijah.. I bet will take over the field.. Fast and again his bat will be impressive..  He hasn't been hurt but only once.. and is now fully recovered..  Don't sell him short. 

Prior to injury He play on an elite team in So Cal for Reggie Smith.. was invited to play... also was slatted to go to Chicago last Summer as an invitation to a camp for top 100 players.. one of the Buchanan pitchers was invited and I believe attended.  Elijah is slated to go again this year.

Baseball101

His dad is an amazing hitting instructor too.  I've known Brad for years.  The kid is an excellent player!
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Ironwill

Yes Brad is an amazing instructor.  and a great person... knows the game well

Baseball101

Quote from: Ironwill on January 12, 2018, 10:43:16 AM
Yes Brad is an amazing instructor.  and a great person... knows the game well

Yes, he is a great guy...his knowledge of the game is amazing
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Baseball Mom

Don't think anybody is selling him short at all.  He has been hurt with one injury but, it has kept him out for a while.  Never have seen him play so can't really say about his talent. Buchanan just has some big deals in the outfield this year.

Baseball101

Quote from: Baseball Mom on January 12, 2018, 12:08:14 PM
Don't think anybody is selling him short at all.  He has been hurt with one injury but, it has kept him out for a while.  Never have seen him play so can't really say about his talent. Buchanan just has some big deals in the outfield this year.

Sounds like you have a son on the Buchanan team?

Baseball Mom

Haha.  😊  My son played last year.

knightsrule04

Quote from: Ironwill on January 12, 2018, 10:39:22 AM
Yes He did make to the bigs.. short drink of water.. and then tore up his elbow and had to have Tommy John surgery. He then retired..
LOL OK then.  ::)

IceL

Quote from: Jazz on December 29, 2017, 03:40:13 PM
I heard a rumor he was going back to Firebaugh.  It's probaly true if they didn't have him on the list.

I talked with one of the players from Central on Friday (I'll keep his name private) he told me that Mikey was going back to Firebaugh.
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

Baseball101

Black_n_Blue

Quote from: Baseball Mom on December 29, 2017, 09:59:31 AM
Clovis North ⚾️ players to watch:

James Bell C/OF top hitter on the team who runs well for a catcher, stong arm. Oregon commit.

Wayne Rutledge Jr SS Best athlete on the team who runs well.

Nick Caviglia OF/LHP solid fielder who runs well, line drive hitter. UU commit.

Clovis North just posted.

Just a head scratcher on where TRAC is getting their information. I know it must come from the coaches but I disagree with a lot of the players chosen from multiple teams.

Interesting that the CN list was the only school missing Height/Weight info...  ???

Black_n_Blue