News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TRAC Dominance

Started by Old man scout, March 01, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old man scout

Well the TRAC has showed its power these first two weeks with a combined record of I believe of 36 and 2.Things get much tougher next week. Then it all starts which players have separated themselves for All TRAC and All Velley.

Baseball101

Quote from: Old man scout on March 01, 2018, 11:09:54 AM
Well the TRAC has showed its power these first two weeks with a combined record of I believe of 36 and 2.Things get much tougher next week. Then it all starts which players have separated themselves for All TRAC and All Velley.

The TRAC will feast on themselves all season long.  It'll be interesting to see who is left standing!
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

CWClassof2007

This happens every year in the TRAC. The top 2 or 3 teams will separate themselves from the others in the league. From what I've seen I'll pick Clovis West. But the could change by the end of next week. 

swingmantoo

The Trac schools usually field the strongest and deepest teams and they get 6 out of 8 games at home. Whereas the non Trac schools have to play 6 or 7 of the coke  classic games on the road. The tournament is set up perfect for the Trac schools.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: swingmantoo on March 02, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
The Trac schools usually field the strongest and deepest teams and they get 6 out of 8 games at home. Whereas the non Trac schools have to play 6 or 7 of the coke  classic games on the road. The tournament is set up perfect for the Trac schools.
Home field advantage isn't why the 3 undefeated teams have outscored their opponents 160-19 so far.

swingmantoo

Not having to drive 45 minutes 3 days a week is an advantage  and the ball parks in the south valley are more like at&t, not like the minute maid park like Trac fields. Not saying the same three schools wouldn't be undefeated but I doubt if the run differential is as large. Playing in the same park 6 games in a row is an advantage over playing in 6 different parks 6 games in a row. You played, you know playing at home is an advantage.

tru guru

Quote from: swingmantoo on March 02, 2018, 09:12:09 PM
Not having to drive 45 minutes 3 days a week is an advantage  and the ball parks in the south valley are more like at&t, not like the minute maid park like Trac fields. Not saying the same three schools wouldn't be undefeated but I doubt if the run differential is as large. Playing in the same park 6 games in a row is an advantage over playing in 6 different parks 6 games in a row. You played, you know playing at home is an advantage.

Minute Maid Parks?  Lmao!  Clovis High is where fly balls go to die, dude.  The others can get a little live when the wind is right but no different than Visalia and Tulare.  Mount Whitney is a dead zone but El D, GW and Redwood are freaking launching pads.  TW may as well be a slow pitch field at Plaza Park it's so live.  Hanford West needs to move their scoreboard so they can save what's left of it.  Bombs flying into that thing and leaving friggin' moon craters busting lights like Robert Redford in The Natural. Duh, it's hard to be on the road, but El D is young, HW is.....HW, and Tulare Western is WAY down.  Whitney is probably the best of the bunch.  It ain't the ballparks it's poor defense and lack of pitching depth costing them in this tourney. 

CWClassof2007

Sorry. I've played & watch many games at Centennial in Bakersfield. That's easily the most hitter friendly stadium in the Central Section.

diamond king

Centennial field is a joke. Clovis High is 400 to center...

CWClassof2007

Not a great weekend for the league. 4-6 combined against much better competition than they faced in the Coke Classic. I'll include Cal Hi Sports state rankings in this. Acalanes, Clovis, Clovis West & Franklin were all  on the bubble.

Friday
De La Salle 6 #9 Buchanan 1
SLO 6 #16 Clovis North 0
Clovis West 1 Centennial 0
Clovis 3 Granite Bay 2
Clovis East 7 Beyer 2

Saturday
#3 Elk Grove 13 #9 Buchanan 1
De La Salle 2 #16 Clovis North 0
Acalanes 4 Clovis West 3
Franklin 6 Clovis 2
Clovis East 3 SLO

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 10, 2018, 03:26:26 PM
Not a great weekend for the league. 4-6 combined against much better competition than they faced in the Coke Classic. I'll include Cal Hi Sports state rankings in this. Acalanes, Clovis, Clovis West & Franklin were all  on the bubble.

Friday
De La Salle 6 #9 Buchanan 1
SLO 6 #16 Clovis North 0
Clovis West 1 Centennial 0
Clovis 3 Granite Bay 2
Clovis East 7 Beyer 2

Saturday
#3 Elk Grove 13 #9 Buchanan 1
De La Salle 2 #16 Clovis North 0
Acalanes 4 Clovis West 3
Franklin 6 Clovis 2
Clovis East 3 SLO

Maybe the TRAC isn't what you all make it out to be......... welcome back to reality.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 10, 2018, 05:33:14 PM
Maybe the TRAC isn't what you all make it out to be......... welcome back to reality.
It's still the best league in the section & one of the best in the state.

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 10, 2018, 09:04:00 PM
It's still the best league in the section & one of the best in the state.

No doubt about the section, and yes one of the BETTER ones in the State. Although this year its REALLY LIGHT, just a handful of D1 commits and ZERO Pro Prospects, not to mention the lack & depth of pitching. Let's be honest man, its a down year and thats just the way it is.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 10, 2018, 09:58:47 PM
No doubt about the section, and yes one of the BETTER ones in the State. Although this year its REALLY LIGHT, just a handful of D1 commits and ZERO Pro Prospects, not to mention the lack & depth of pitching. Let's be honest man, its a down year and thats just the way it is.
They didn't have any pro prospects last year either.

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 10, 2018, 10:20:55 PM
They didn't have any pro prospects last year either.
You're right....... AND IT WAS DOWN LAST YEAR TOO!!!! Stop drinking the Kool-Aid man and have some reason to your thought, tough to make that call when your eyes never get outside the bubble.

JustaCoachNow

Does the amount of "pro prospects" determine if a league is up or down? Would one kid being a pro prospect make it an up year? If the CSL had 1 pro prospect, would that make them stronger than the TRAC? I would think if a league had 7 D1 commits and no pro prospects compared to say a league with 3 pro prospects and no D1 commits, I would take league with the most commits.
I don't think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids  that are playing and performing in D1 right now. I think the pitching is down this year in the TRAC. Not as deep.

Jazz

It seems like the whole valley in general is down.  I remember when everyone had at least 1 dude that threw upper 80's or low 90's.  Even the county D4/5 programs had a guy.  It wasn't too long ago Fowler had 3 of them on 1 team with Poitress, Cederquist, and Martinez, and the next year they added Darrah. (All D1/MLB guys). The talent pool doesn't seem as big as it used to.  I don't know maybe I'm entering the "back in my day " phase of my life, but it sure seems that way.   

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: JustaCoachNow on March 11, 2018, 10:55:11 AM
Does the amount of "pro prospects" determine if a league is up or down? Would one kid being a pro prospect make it an up year? If the CSL had 1 pro prospect, would that make them stronger than the TRAC? I would think if a league had 7 D1 commits and no pro prospects compared to say a league with 3 pro prospects and no D1 commits, I would take league with the most commits.
I don't think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids  that are playing and performing in D1 right now. I think the pitching is down this year in the TRAC. Not as deep.

Its down, PERIOD...... And I'm not talking about the CSL so take it easy with that one.... If a kid has been committed to a D1 program then a scout has likely laid his eyes on him. Which also means they are pretty good players, when you have a bunch of good players in a league on seperate teams it makes it more competitive. The 3 kids you are talking about all played on the same team so hows that make the LEAGUE better? They are also NOT playing all the time or performing at the level you are talking about, they are holding their own for Freshman..... I am a huge supporter of our local teams/ athletes and want them to excel vs out of the area teams but the REALITY is, is that the TRAC is a mediocre league this year and has been for the past few years. This past weekend should've put that in perspective but apparantly not.

JustaCoachNow

I'm not sure what three players you are talking about. I was using a hypothetical situation as with using the CSL as an example of a league less superior to the TRAC. You seem to be in such a hurry to let everyone else know that you are right and nobody else has an opinion, that you can't even read the post. It wasn't meant for arguement or to say you are right or wrong, it was for discussion. Loosen the painties and calm down. I'll help you out. You are right, TRAC is mediocre and has been down for several years. Nobody else has an opinion and we don't know anything.

Jim Jefferies

It is down and has been for the past couple years. You said "I dont think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids that are playing and performing in D1 right now."   Who? What schools?

I just dont understand how one could think the league is so strong when the players in the league aren't as talented as in past years, what makes the league so tough?   

The Pagmeter must've said it sitting in a love seat live from his studio at Fashion Furniture....

Jim Jefferies