News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TRAC Dominance

Started by Old man scout, March 01, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tru guru

The TRAC as a whole has been down since about 2014.  Still a tough league, but can no longer expect all of its top 3 or 4 teams to compete at a State, much less a National level.  The difference is not in the D-1 "studs" or even draftable type kids, they still get their share of those, but rather in the other VERY good high school players that may go on to to play NAIA, D-2, or even JC ball.  I have not watched a ton of games so far, but I'm not seeing the same top to bottom talent as past seasons.  Just my opinion and obviously subject to change as the season progresses.

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 11, 2018, 10:05:12 PM
It is down and has been for the past couple years. You said "I dont think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids that are playing and performing in D1 right now."   Who? What schools?

I just dont understand how one could think the league is so strong when the players in the league aren't as talented as in past years, what makes the league so tough?   

The Pagmeter must've said it sitting in a love seat live from his studio at Fashion Furniture....

I know of Aruda and Presno at Fresno State, former Buchanan Bears
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Jazz

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 11, 2018, 10:05:12 PM
It is down and has been for the past couple years. You said "I dont think the TRAC was down last year. There were a lot of kids that are playing and performing in D1 right now."   Who? What schools?

I just dont understand how one could think the league is so strong when the players in the league aren't as talented as in past years, what makes the league so tough?   

The Pagmeter must've said it sitting in a love seat live from his studio at Fashion Furniture....

Off the top of my head I can think of Grant Gambrell from Buchanan is a soph P at Oregon St., Colton Eastman is a Jr. P at Fullerton, and Jack Labowski is a Sr. IN/P from Clovis North.  All are having very successful careers. I heard Braden Franfurt C from Clovis North transferred from Santa Clara to Fresno Pacific.

Jim Jefferies

You named one kid from each year out of 6 teams in the TRAC.... There are some good players but its just not like it used to be is what im saying. Not nearly the same depth position players wise and very noticeable on the mound. Nice HS players

CWClassof2007

There's only one public school league in the state that's on par with the TRAC. That's the Delta League with Davis, Elk Grove, Franklin, Grant, Jesuit, Monterey Trail, Pleasant Grove & Sheldon. Even then you're comparing 6 teams to 8.

RoughRider84

Jesuit is not a public school.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: RoughRider84 on March 20, 2018, 08:33:12 AM
Jesuit is not a public school.
Every other school is. My point is the other powerhouse leagues in the state are made up almost completely of private schools.

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 20, 2018, 03:05:20 PM
Every other school is. My point is the other powerhouse leagues in the state are made up almost completely of private schools.

The league is down period, competitive but down...... They play really good baseball outside the valley too my man... private or public

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 20, 2018, 06:36:33 PM
The league is down period, competitive but down...... They play really good baseball outside the valley too my man... private or public
Never said they didn't.

Backwards K

Southern Section, Metro Mesa Conference where my son coaches is pretty competitive as well, with schools like Cathedral Catholic ,East Lake, El TORO,
Huntington Beach, Etiwanda, San Marcos, Rancho Bernardo ... to clarify not all these are in the metro , non conference competition opponents in the section div 1 teams...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 19, 2018, 11:29:35 PM
You named one kid from each year out of 6 teams in the TRAC.... There are some good players but its just not like it used to be is what im saying. Not nearly the same depth position players wise and very noticeable on the mound. Nice HS players

Ok Jim, what years and players made the TRAC dominant in the past years "like it used to be"?
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

hello_newman

Quote from: Baseball101 on March 22, 2018, 10:05:10 AM
Ok Jim, what years and players made the TRAC dominant in the past years "like it used to be"?

Don't you remember back when Kershaw, Jeter, ARod, Strawberry, Koufax and Mickey Mantle all played in the TRAC?  Those were the days.

Baseball101

Quote from: hello_newman on March 22, 2018, 11:44:49 AM
Don't you remember back when Kershaw, Jeter, ARod, Strawberry, Koufax and Mickey Mantle all played in the TRAC?  Those were the days.

HAHAHA  How could I forget?!

tru guru

Quote from: Baseball101 on March 22, 2018, 11:54:24 AM
HAHAHA  How could I forget?!

You guys are funny......Just off the top of my head:

2014 Clovis High

Jake Gatewood   Milwaukee Brewers

Alan Crowley       Atlanta Braves

McCarthy Tatum   Fresno State

Preston Mott         UC San Diego

Tevin Mitchell        UCSB

Evan Steele           Cal State East Bay

Jeremy Garcia        Cal State Monterey Bay

Dakota Stilson        Northern State (SD)

Also had at least 5 current or past JC players and I probably forgot someone.

Buchanan and Clovis North were absolutely loaded that year as well.  I will let someone with more knowledge than I comment on them.  Regardless, Jim's point is valid.  The TRAC is down this year as a whole and nowhere near what it used to be.  You will not see this many players from one team play after high school this year.  The depth is just not there.

Jim Jefferies

I dont need to name players or the years it has been better than this year, too many names & years to name then all. People that have been around and know the history of the TRAC will agree with me. Its is a good league but its down "THIS YEAR" and thats just the way it is. I don't expect you guys to understand, you guys just haven't seen enough baseball to know that is all..... Try watching hs baseball from outside of the area, it might open your eyes...............

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 23, 2018, 09:16:28 AM
I dont need to name players or the years it has been better than this year, too many names & years to name then all. People that have been around and know the history of the TRAC will agree with me. Its is a good league but its down "THIS YEAR" and thats just the way it is. I don't expect you guys to understand, you guys just haven't seen enough baseball to know that is all..... Try watching hs baseball from outside of the area, it might open your eyes...............

Thanks for the laugh LOL
Don't need to name or can't name? 
I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much.

Baseball101

Quote from: tru guru on March 22, 2018, 02:54:26 PM
You guys are funny......Just off the top of my head:

2014 Clovis High

Jake Gatewood   Milwaukee Brewers

Alan Crowley       Atlanta Braves

McCarthy Tatum   Fresno State

Preston Mott         UC San Diego

Tevin Mitchell        UCSB

Evan Steele           Cal State East Bay

Jeremy Garcia        Cal State Monterey Bay

Dakota Stilson        Northern State (SD)

Also had at least 5 current or past JC players and I probably forgot someone.

Buchanan and Clovis North were absolutely loaded that year as well.  I will let someone with more knowledge than I comment on them.  Regardless, Jim's point is valid.  The TRAC is down this year as a whole and nowhere near what it used to be.  You will not see this many players from one team play after high school this year.  The depth is just not there.

Very nice.  Thank you

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: Baseball101 on March 23, 2018, 09:32:34 AM
Thanks for the laugh LOL
Don't need to name or can't name? 
I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much.

"I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much." ..... STOP IT!  River park Little League and Buchanan Babe Ruth doesn't count. Get those eyeballs on some teams outside this little Valley then you might have some credibility "BASEBALL 101".... its ok man, you just haven't seen enough high caliber baseball is all.
GURU gets it

hello_newman

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 23, 2018, 09:16:28 AM

I was thinking, Jim Jefferies, of abstaining from watching any baseball whatsoever unless I know you will be there to translate what I am seeing.  Aside from yourself, everyone else who might have an opinion is clueless, so it might just be more educational that way.

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on March 23, 2018, 11:09:09 AM

"I've watched plenty of baseball thank you very much." ..... STOP IT!  River park Little League and Buchanan Babe Ruth doesn't count. Get those eyeballs on some teams outside this little Valley then you might have some credibility "BASEBALL 101".... its ok man, you just haven't seen enough high caliber baseball is all.
GURU gets it

HAHA Dude...seriously...like I said in a previous post...we all are just beneath you I suppose.  It's ok man, we don't think any less of you

Baseball101