News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Who will be the 4 teams in the D1 semi finals?

Started by Beercat, March 09, 2018, 05:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the 4 teams in the D1 semi finals? Pick 4

Arroyo Grande
4 (11.8%)
Atascadero
0 (0%)
Bakersfield
26 (76.5%)
Buchanan
25 (73.5%)
Bullard
3 (8.8%)
Centennial
0 (0%)
Central
30 (88.2%)
Clovis
5 (14.7%)
Clovis East
0 (0%)
Clovis North
2 (5.9%)
Clovis West
8 (23.5%)
Edison
5 (14.7%)
Liberty
16 (47.1%)
Paso Robles
4 (11.8%)
Ridgeview
1 (2.9%)
Sanger
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: March 16, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Beercat

Pick 4 teams who you think will be in the Division 1 semi finals

Beercat

Sort of what I expected though one of my personal choices was Sanger. They have one of the very best players in the Section, a good stable of returnees and appears that a few solid transfers will be included. Sanger could very well make it to the Semis this year. Another 3 or 4 teams that I see are on the bubble  .... has the makings for a solid playoff.

bksflddan

Quote from: Beercat on March 10, 2018, 01:05:31 PM
Sort of what I expected though one of my personal choices was Sanger. They have one of the very best players in the Section, a good stable of returnees and appears that a few solid transfers will be included. Sanger could very well make it to the Semis this year. Another 3 or 4 teams that I see are on the bubble  .... has the makings for a solid playoff.

It's all guess-a-matic at this point bc gotta see how pre season goes. Transfers in the north valley really are a big maybe ... Central has to be the high value target at this point.
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

CWClassof2007

Central, Bakersfield, Buchanan feel like easy picks based on who they have coming back. That fourth one I don't know. Outside of Dante Chachere Clovis West is losing a lot to graduation.

Moor moorish

Bullard ,buchanan, central , bakersfield no particular order but those 4

Jazz

Cropper from Sanger just announced in an interview with scout.com that he is transferring to Calabasas in socal. Also, Bullards Josh Kelly has transferred to SJM. So both of those squads are losing some big impact players.

Sixtynine

Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Beercat

If Cropper is truly heading to Calabasas then I would of never placed Sanger as a top 4 team, I would of given the vote to Buchanan meaning my 4 votes would of been for the top 4 voted teams.

Seems like a consensus regarding the top 4  .... 

axel foley

wow...talk about going from the out house to the penthouse!!!!!  sanger to calabasas!?!?!? how lucky can one be!!!!!

Beercat

So which 20 year class reunion is he going to attend  .... Sanger or Calabasas?

It is going to be very different ..... He goes from being the 'go to guy' to just another in the stable. Not saying not to go but it is a way different experience  .... The Central Section schools are novices at playing the musical chair game compared to a school like Calabasas. Some will do fine  .... some get chewed up by the way different environment. Wish him to best ... 

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Jazz on March 10, 2018, 11:47:09 PM
Cropper from Sanger just announced in an interview with scout.com that he is transferring to Calabasas in socal. Also, Bullards Josh Kelly has transferred to SJM. So both of those squads are losing some big impact players.
Can you post the interview from Cropper? I'm not finding anything about him transferring on twitter or scout.

Jazz

It was on Bark Board insider on scout.com re: his Cal offer.  It won't allow me to post the link so I just copied and pasted it. The Calabasas comment is in the last paragraph.

The week after Sanger (Calif.) was eliminated from the playoffs by Fresno (Calif.) Bullard, the Apaches were running through a final practice. Star wide receiver/safety/quarterback Jalen Cropper -- one of the top 30 recruits in the state for 2019 -- felt like he was slowing down.

"Then," he said, "I started not being able to move."

Unbeknownst to Cropper, he'd had a staph infection since October, and he was rushed to the hospital.

"I was just unable to move really," he said. "I was losing weight and had high fevers."

For several months, he couldn't walk or run, but on Friday, he finally had a return to normalcy, as he pulled down a scholarship offer from California.

"It is," Cropper said. "It meant a lot. Cal is one of the most prestigious schools ... academic and football wise."

Though Cropper has only just begun to run again in preparation for track season, the Bears liked what they saw on film, in terms of Cropper's ability to get open. Cropper is an agile, fast athlete that could line up at various spots on both sides of the ball, and projects as a very good punt and kick-off returner. He's probably one of the faster recruits in the west for 2019, and has very good coordination and hands, and Cal likes him as a slot receiver.

"[Wide receivers coach Nick Edwards] liked my speed and what I can do with the ball in my hands," Cropper said.

Along with Edwards, Cropper has another voice in his ear urging him to come to Berkeley: Preferred walk-on linebacker Zach Angelillo.

"We play each other and we also play on the same 7 on 7 team," Cropper said. "[He's] just [asking] when I'm gonna make the move and how he liked it."

Before he makes any move for college, Cropper will be transferring from Sanger to Calabasas (Calif.), in time for next season.

axel foley

Cal...prestigous in football??? cut that lie out bruh bruh

bksflddan

Quote from: axel foley on March 12, 2018, 09:36:53 AM
Cal...prestigous in football??? cut that lie out bruh bruh

60 years ago ...

Me thinks a couple Sanger 2017 players were suffering greatly with way overinfletedbigheaditis ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

diesel

Quote from: bksflddan on March 12, 2018, 11:02:34 AM
60 years ago ...

Me thinks a couple Sanger 2017 players were suffering greatly with way overinfletedbigheaditis ...

Prestigious is maybe a little over the top but let's not forget that some pretty big names have come out of Cal in the past few years......Aaron Rodgers and Marshawn Lynch just to name a couple......and academically, you can't get better from a public school!!

Sofa_King Special

Who has the better recruiters should be the question? 

Buchanan
Central
Memorial
Bako

Sixtynine

Liberty is going to be good. Lots of juniors on last year's team, good coach, and a pretty solid JV team coming up.

Sofa_King Special

Beercat

"Before he makes any move for college, Cropper will be transferring from Sanger to Calabasas (Calif.), in time for next season."

Let me simply state .... Cropper isn't going to Calabasas, he is staying in the Valley.

Sixtynine

Quote from: Beercat on March 12, 2018, 03:57:45 PM
"Before he makes any move for college, Cropper will be transferring from Sanger to Calabasas (Calif.), in time for next season."

Let me simply state .... Cropper isn't going to Calabasas, he is staying in the Valley.

He'll tear up the TRAC next year in the offense he'll be in

Sixtynine