News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Best Quarterbacks in the Section

Started by Beercat, April 22, 2018, 08:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beercat

Come on .... who are the best QB's in the section?

Coach Gutierrez

1. Trent Tompkins - Central
2. Alec Trujillo - Memorial
3. Nathan Lamb - Tulare Union
4. Dante Chachere - Clovis West
5. Colt Nelson - Madera

Mr.GetLoose

You're never a loser until you quit trying. -Mike Ditka

Moor moorish

Bullard has a Qb that should make some noise this year, and Edison has one also with a year of experience under his belt.

All Star Kev

Corinthians 9:24-27

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever

Majorapplewhite

Trujillo---I think is the more pure passer.  Is very accurate. 
Tompkins---really relies on deep ball and yards after catch, but slings it, not afraid to let it rip.  Scrambles well, has offer to Brown and Nevada
Nelson--puts up big numbers, limited on size. 
Cachere---I don't think the kid gets enough credit for what he did last year.
Lamb-- Has offers from Nevada and SDSU, be interested in seeing if they are committable offers down the road

No Carson Bailey on the list? 

TheRickestRick

Quote from: Majorapplewhite on April 23, 2018, 11:46:19 AM
Tompkins---really relies on deep ball and yards after catch, but slings it, not afraid to let it rip.  Scrambles well, has offer to Brown and Nevada
Lamb-- Has offers from Nevada and SDSU, be interested in seeing if they are committable offers down the road

Hard to add bailey when he didn't start last year and the team was not known for throwing the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey did have a great year though.

I'd agree with coach Gutierrez's too 5

eylchamps

Anyone in the South Valley? BHS, Liberty, Centennial
WYL wishes they were the EYL

ThetruthBeTold

1) Trujillo #1, I'd expect record numbers this year from him @ Jaylen Green

IceL

You can add Harvard to the list for Trent Tompkins
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

DEE

1. Tompkins - Central
2. Trujillo - SJM
3. Chachere-CW
4. Lamb
5. Cropper ? Ha Ha (never know)

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: Mr.GetLoose on April 22, 2018, 03:23:07 PM
That kid out of Dinuba is good!

Josh Magana is gonna Ball for the next two years.
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

Forceuser

Alex Aguilar From Shafter, true Dual Threat QB
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

the football guy

I think .....
Tompkins
Trujillo
Chachere
are all college bound/type QBs. A ton of nice high school QBs but those are the big timers.
The one who can be a very big surprise is the Bailey kid. I know he works extremely hard and has been very active over the off season . Plus he comes from a QB family, so Iam hoping he balls out this year, that would be cool

the football guy

What do you mean by a commit-able offer? If SDSU/UNR offered him and he wants to commit, He is golden!!

Black_n_Blue

Chachere is the most athletic of this group and has a ton of upside with height and speed. Hopefully, he's been working with a good QB coach in the offseason to improve on mechanics and reads. CW lost their QB coach who was pretty good and is now the JV coach at CN. Also losing Wright & Arias as main targets will be tough to overcome.

Tompkins is a true competitor, got to see him work a lot this spring during 7v7 tournaments. DB Guru won every tournament they entered until the Adidas National Championship this month and even there they almost beat the team from Florida that won it all.

Trujillo has the best mechanics of this group. Has a good built in QB coach at SJM w/ Colby Hunter and is pretty solid all the way around plus has two good targets in Josh Kelly and Jalen McMillan. Heard Trujillo played for the Carr 7v7 team this spring.

Bailey has a strong arm and good size. Having the best RB in the valley plus the addition of a solid WR in Jalen Cropper will be a big help. Could be a breakout year for him like his brother's senior year at CN.

Sonny Crockett

Quote from: eylchamps on April 23, 2018, 12:49:22 PM
Anyone in the South Valley? BHS, Liberty, Centennial

BHS-Cam Williams is an outstanding athlete. However, he is not a QB. Maybe the JV kid will win this job.

Liberty-They have the transfer from Redwood and another kid coming back. Sounds like the kid returning is going to get screwed.

Centennial- Last year's backup and JV kid, no idea on who the front runner is there.

The most successful south valley kid returning is the Shafter QB but he plays in D-4.

Moor moorish

Quote from: the football guy on April 24, 2018, 10:46:12 AM
I think .....
Tompkins
Trujillo
Chachere
are all college bound/type QBs. A ton of nice high school QBs but those are the big timers.
The one who can be a very big surprise is the Bailey kid. I know he works extremely hard and has been very active over the off season . Plus he comes from a QB family, so Iam hoping he balls out this year, that would be cool

You left a few sleepers off the list but we shall see

Majorapplewhite

Quote from: the football guy on April 24, 2018, 10:53:03 AM
What do you mean by a commit-able offer? If SDSU/UNR offered him and he wants to commit, He is golden!!

If they accept his "verbal commit" and if he commits before someone else does. 

Currently, I can only find online, that Nevada has 9 offers out to QB's, if one of those guys verbally commits and Nevada accepts, then Lamb's offer becomes non committable, unless they take more than one QB

if you are a guy that has early offers and you hold out more offers, you may be left out in the cold or you can bet on yourself and pick up some nice offers late.  early signing period has definitely changed the landscape.   

Beercat

Answer:

This phrase is used to describe a college-bound student-athlete's commitment to a school before he or she signs (or is able to sign) a National Letter of Intent. A college-bound student-athlete can announce a verbal commitment at any time. While verbal commitments have become very popular for both college-bound student-athletes and coaches, this "commitment" is NOT binding on either the college-bound student-athlete or the college or university. Only the signing of the National Letter of Intent accompanied by a financial aid agreement is binding on both parties.

So in this day and age a verbal means nothing  ...

Beercat