News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Playoffs??

Started by RoughRider84, May 01, 2018, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughRider84

It is almost the best time of the year, playoffs. Anybody have playoff predictions for D1 and D2?

Old man scout

This year could be one of the most unpredictable because there some really good starting pitchers on lower seeded teams. Clovis and Clovis East are examples even Central has played TRAC teams tough and could pull off an upset. Seeding is very important this year. Stockdale will not be as battle tested as the TRAC schools. Predict 3 of final 4 come from TRAC just not sure which ones.

Baseball101

Quote from: Old man scout on May 01, 2018, 11:17:29 AM
This year could be one of the most unpredictable because there some really good starting pitchers on lower seeded teams. Clovis and Clovis East are examples even Central has played TRAC teams tough and could pull off an upset. Seeding is very important this year. Stockdale will not be as battle tested as the TRAC schools. Predict 3 of final 4 come from TRAC just not sure which ones.

I like the unpredictability of this season...makes it fun..unless your a coach hahaha
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Jazz

It really is a great season as far as parity in the TRAC.  It is a toss-up every game. Even though Central has not won a league game they have lost majority of their games by 1 or 2 runs it looks like. They are just 1 or 2 players away from joining the chaos.

Black_n_Blue

Quote from: Jazz on May 01, 2018, 09:11:42 PM
It really is a great season as far as parity in the TRAC.  It is a toss-up every game. Even though Central has not won a league game they have lost majority of their games by 1 or 2 runs it looks like. They are just 1 or 2 players away from joining the chaos.

Their JV team has played well this year too, so they could continue to compete. Plus you vnver know, there could be some transfers heading that way to play for Fontes next year.

Jim Jefferies

Bold prediction! Really going out on a limb there OLD MAN SCOUT!!!....... Stockdale squad is built like the majority of TRAC schools in years past when the entire league had depth, 3-4 D1 players on each team.They have TWO really good D1 arms, multiple threats offensively & play really solid defense.....They will be tough to beat especially when Mullen(UCLA) is on the mound 92-95mph. Battle tested or not, Stockdale is the EASY #1 seed provided they take care of business & will get HOME COOKING throughout the playoffs.....

Love my TRAC schools but that team down south is pretty solid and will be tough to beat, especially at home.....

Black_n_Blue

JJ, Who is Stockdale's other D1 arm?

tru guru

Quote from: Black_n_Blue on May 03, 2018, 09:04:06 AM
JJ, Who is Stockdale's other D1 arm?

They throw 3 other guys besides Mullen quite a bit.  Murrillo is a strike thrower but only goes 80-82.  Keese can get up to 87, but sits more like 84-85 and has control/command issues.  As far as a D-1 arm my guess is he's talking about the junior, Sheedy, who is a Cal Poly commit but I don't know if it's as a pitcher.  I have not seen him throw so I can't comment. 

RoughRider84

How is D2 and D3 shaping up? I am way out of the loop

tru guru

Stockdale will be the 1 seed.  TRAC champion will be the 2.  After that it gets weird.  A case can be made to put a league champion Redwood team as the 3(2-2 vs TRAC) Before the TRAC #2.  Even Liberty(beat Redwood, 1-1 vs TRAC) makes a case for a top 4 seed.  Potentially we could see something we havn't seen in years if the seedings look like this...........

1)  Stockdale
2)  TRAC #1
3)  Redwood/Liberty
4)  Redwood/Liberty
5)  TRAC #2

Imagine the indignity of Buchanan TRAVELING to Visalia for a lowly 4/5 quarterfinal, lol.

Baseball101

Quote from: tru guru on May 03, 2018, 11:18:11 AM
Stockdale will be the 1 seed.  TRAC champion will be the 2.  After that it gets weird.  A case can be made to put a league champion Redwood team as the 3(2-2 vs TRAC) Before the TRAC #2.  Even Liberty(beat Redwood, 1-1 vs TRAC) makes a case for a top 4 seed.  Potentially we could see something we havn't seen in years if the seedings look like this...........

1)  Stockdale
2)  TRAC #1
3)  Redwood/Liberty
4)  Redwood/Liberty
5)  TRAC #2

Imagine the indignity of Buchanan TRAVELING to Visalia for a lowly 4/5 quarterfinal, lol.

Awwww yes, the indignity of it all lol
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Black_n_Blue

What did Stockdale do last year in the playoffs?

CWClassof2007

Quote from: tru guru on May 03, 2018, 11:18:11 AM

1)  Stockdale
2)  TRAC #1
3)  Redwood/Liberty
4)  Redwood/Liberty
5)  TRAC #2

I'd be shocked if Redwood is ahead of the 2nd place team in the TRAC.

tru guru

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 04, 2018, 05:53:42 PM
I'd be shocked if Redwood is ahead of the 2nd place team in the TRAC.

A couple things need to happen.  CN needs to be TRAC Champ and Redwood needs to win their league.  Both are very much up in the air.  But it could happen.  Crazy year.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: tru guru on May 04, 2018, 09:49:31 PM
A couple things need to happen.  CN needs to be TRAC Champ and Redwood needs to win their league.  Both are very much up in the air.  But it could happen.  Crazy year.
How? Clovis North beat Redwood. Also Clovis North needs to beat Buchanan twice & Clovis needs to beat Clovis West twice for the Broncos to win the TRAC outright. There's also a possibility that there's a 4 way tie for the TRAC title. Clovis East needs to sweep Central, Clovis needs to sweep Clovis West & Buchanan & Clovis North need to split. I have no idea what the seeds will look like if that were to happen.

tru guru

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 04, 2018, 10:26:08 PM
How? Clovis North beat Redwood. Also Clovis North needs to beat Buchanan twice & Clovis needs to beat Clovis West twice for the Broncos to win the TRAC outright. There's also a possibility that there's a 4 way tie for the TRAC title. Clovis East needs to sweep Central, Clovis needs to sweep Clovis West & Buchanan & Clovis North need to split. I have no idea what the seeds will look like if that were to happen.

If CN were to win the TRAC outright, which does not look like will happen as of now, I believe the committee seeds Redwood above the TRAC #2. Obviously things have changed since my Thursday musings.........As of right now it probably looks like......

1) Stockdale
2) CW
3) CN
4) Redwood/Liberty
5) Redwood/Liberty

Baseball101

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on May 02, 2018, 10:53:14 PM
Bold prediction! Really going out on a limb there OLD MAN SCOUT!!!....... Stockdale squad is built like the majority of TRAC schools in years past when the entire league had depth, 3-4 D1 players on each team.They have TWO really good D1 arms, multiple threats offensively & play really solid defense.....They will be tough to beat especially when Mullen(UCLA) is on the mound 92-95mph. Battle tested or not, Stockdale is the EASY #1 seed provided they take care of business & will get HOME COOKING throughout the playoffs.....

Love my TRAC schools but that team down south is pretty solid and will be tough to beat, especially at home.....

I'll take a shot on CW winning it all!

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: Baseball101 on May 08, 2018, 11:42:25 AM
I'll take a shot on CW winning it all!
Right on- It will be a fun playoffs to follow.

KennyPowers

I actually think Pag's has D1 pretty spot on..Stockdale has a shot to be the 1 but pretty sure its CW.  If you look at  the numbers the TRAC should have 3 or 4 in the top 5..For sure 6. Redwood could jump to 5 but WYL champs isn't what it has been in recent years..Redwood, Frontier and Liberty combined have fewer D1 wins then CW.
Just putting up top 8..And I wouldn't be surprised if Stockdale wins it all, haven't seen them with my own eyes but some people who know have told me they are a real good club..Going to be a fun D1 Road to Rawhide..Good luck to all teams

1. CW - won more D1 games then Stockdale played..just sayin
2. STOCKDALE
3. CE
4. BHS
5. CN
6. REDWOOD
7. FRONTIER
8. LIBERTY

tru guru

Quote from: KennyPowers on May 09, 2018, 02:31:46 PM
I actually think Pag's has D1 pretty spot on..Stockdale has a shot to be the 1 but pretty sure its CW.  If you look at  the numbers the TRAC should have 3 or 4 in the top 5..For sure 6. Redwood could jump to 5 but WYL champs isn't what it has been in recent years..Redwood, Frontier and Liberty combined have fewer D1 wins then CW.
Just putting up top 8..And I wouldn't be surprised if Stockdale wins it all, haven't seen them with my own eyes but some people who know have told me they are a real good club..Going to be a fun D1 Road to Rawhide..Good luck to all teams

1. CW - won more D1 games then Stockdale played..just sayin
2. STOCKDALE
3. CE
4. BHS
5. CN
6. REDWOOD
7. FRONTIER
8. LIBERTY

CE's best shot at the 3 seed will be if they beat Central and CN beats Buchanan.  This will create a 3 way 2nd place tie in the TRAC with Buchanan, CE, and CN.  If this happens,  CE holds the hammer having gone 2-1 vs the other two.  However, Redwood could then make a case for the 3 since they beat CE head to head. Still a lot of things left to shake out with one game left.......

tru guru