News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Alec Trujillo

Started by All Star Kev, May 23, 2018, 09:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Star Kev

Congrats to San Joaquin Memorial QB Alec Trujillo on receiving his first 5 offers this month! (3 in the past 24 hours) It will be very interesting to see who else offers him over the course of the season.
Corinthians 9:24-27

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever

the football guy

Quote from: All Star Kev on May 23, 2018, 09:21:30 AM
Congrats to San Joaquin Memorial QB Alec Trujillo on receiving his first 5 offers this month! (3 in the past 24 hours) It will be very interesting to see who else offers him over the course of the season.
IMO He is the best overall QB in the valley

All Star Kev

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever

taysdad

that's awesome. who all offered?

Swaggy

Cut it out! Trent thompson is the best qb in the valley by a long shot. Alec racked up a bunch of yards against D3 school in non leage play and he will again. Memorial non league schedule is trash and they are in D3 again 😂😂 get up out of here with all that!
I am authentic

the football guy

Quote from: Swaggy on May 24, 2018, 12:54:45 AM
Cut it out! Trent thompson is the best qb in the valley by a long shot. Alec racked up a bunch of yards against D3 school in non leage play and he will again. Memorial non league schedule is trash and they are in D3 again 😂😂 get up out of here with all that!
First of all its Trent Tompkins not Tompson..lol.. and Trent is a dam good High school QB forsure no questions asked. As far as college type players, he ranks third on my list. I watch all these kids play all the time. the 2nd best college type kid is Chachre from CW. For a QB it doesnt matter what division they play in and numbers dont matter either. D.Carr played in D4/D3. Tyler B played in D4 I believe at the time.
and from what college coaches are telling the SJM kid has a hugh upside and throws a good ball and has great feet and seems to understand the game. Thats why the kid has five D1 offers already and well have more. I would imagine from the feed back I am getting just about every MWC school will offer. I think Trent will have a big year and it would be nice to see a D1  school offer but its hard when your 5'10 with no shoes on. But Harvard and those Ivy school will get a dam good player forsure

Swaggy

The question was who is the best qb in the valley? That is trent thompkins. No one talked about upside or potential. He is the best qb right now. The only reason he get dinged is because of his height. If he played kingsburgh and tulare western in non league his numbers would be twice as much. Ijs
I am authentic

Coach Gutierrez

Quote from: taysdad on May 23, 2018, 10:12:44 PM
that's awesome. who all offered?

1. Montana State
2. Sacramento State
3. Hawaii
4. San Jose State
5. Northern Iowa

Baseball101

Quote from: Swaggy on May 24, 2018, 08:32:28 AM
The question was who is the best qb in the valley? That is trent thompkins. No one talked about upside or potential. He is the best qb right now. The only reason he get dinged is because of his height. If he played kingsburgh and tulare western in non league his numbers would be twice as much. Ijs

There was no question...someone said IMO he's the best (Alec Trujillo).  You came in spouting off.

The thread is called Alec Trujillo.
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

axel foley

Quote from: Coach Gutierrez on May 24, 2018, 08:47:53 AM
1. Montana State
2. Sacramento State
3. Hawaii
4. San Jose State
5. Northern Iowa

the way yall talkin i thought the list would read...
miami
usc
michigan
alabama
notre dame

Baseball101

Quote from: axel foley on May 24, 2018, 01:13:42 PM
the way yall talkin i thought the list would read...
miami
usc
michigan
alabama
notre dame

Just be happy for the kid for cryin' out loud
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Coach Clements

Quote from: the football guy on May 24, 2018, 08:23:16 AM
First of all its Trent Tompkins not Tompson..lol.. and Trent is a dam good High school QB forsure no questions asked. As far as college type players, he ranks third on my list. I watch all these kids play all the time. the 2nd best college type kid is Chachre from CW. For a QB it doesnt matter what division they play in and numbers dont matter either. D.Carr played in D4/D3. Tyler B played in D4 I believe at the time.
and from what college coaches are telling the SJM kid has a hugh upside and throws a good ball and has great feet and seems to understand the game. Thats why the kid has five D1 offers already and well have more. I would imagine from the feed back I am getting just about every MWC school will offer. I think Trent will have a big year and it would be nice to see a D1  school offer but its hard when your 5'10 with no shoes on. But Harvard and those Ivy school will get a dam good player forsure

D5
Redwood Rangers: 1973, 1982, 1983, 1996 D1 Central Section Champions

All Star Kev

Quote from: Baseball101 on May 24, 2018, 01:41:12 PM
Just be happy for the kid for cryin' out loud

Absolutely! I think people often forget that these are kids we're talking about. I've coached Alec and know him very well. He's a humble and gracious young man. I can't wait to see where life takes him. I know it will be somewhere great!

Black_n_Blue

Quote from: the football guy on May 24, 2018, 08:23:16 AM
I think Trent will have a big year and it would be nice to see a D1  school offer but its hard when your 5'10 with no shoes on.

Alec is maybe an inch taller, so I am confused as to why Trent isn't getting more offers with the amount of success he has had at the D1 level here in the Valley. The kid absolutely competes on the field and is extremely athletic. Very comparable to Tate Martell in ability and playing style. Trujillo is a solid QB, throws a good ball, plus has had the advantage of having one of the better QB coaches in the area as his Offensive Coordinator. 

The offers for Valley QB's have been flying in this week! Nathan Lamb from Tulare Union got a few plus Chachere from CW. Super happy for all of these kids. I think Bailey and Tompkins will get some love soon too.

Jazz

Tompkins plays baseball, and missed out on a lot of the coaches coming by to see him throw.  I'm sure his summer will heat up. 

All Star Kev

You can add Fresno State to the list. They just offered.

the football guy

Quote from: Black_n_Blue on May 24, 2018, 03:36:46 PM
Alec is maybe an inch taller, so I am confused as to why Trent isn't getting more offers with the amount of success he has had at the D1 level here in the Valley. The kid absolutely competes on the field and is extremely athletic. Very comparable to Tate Martell in ability and playing style. Trujillo is a solid QB, throws a good ball, plus has had the advantage of having one of the better QB coaches in the area as his Offensive Coordinator. 

The offers for Valley QB's have been flying in this week! Nathan Lamb from Tulare Union got a few plus Chachere from CW. Super happy for all of these kids. I think Bailey and Tompkins will get some love soon too.
Remember what you said......here in the valley... on a national scale its a different deal. when you see him at these Nike camps and so on against QBs who do have D1 offers there is a slight difference.

chrissk2002

I really like Alec...a lot, but I do think that tompkins gets short changed way too much. I've watched this kid since he was at Rio Vista....always a winner, always a leader. I believe some college will get a hell of a quarterback in Tompkins. His height will always be questioned, so to of Alec, however these guys read defenses and have great anticipatory abilities so they succeed anyway. I'll be rooting for Alec all season, however I will definitely keep my eye on Trent.

I say:

1a. Alec
1b. Trent
3. Dante
4. Lamb

On another note: How does Central's other skill positions stack up to last year? Does he have dependable running backs and receivers? Will the defense put the offense in position to be successful? All questions that still need to be answered. However if Trent leads Central to another Valley title......D1 college kid...no question!

Chambers1

Alec's offers

1.  Montana State
2. Sacramento State
3. Hawaii
4. San Jose State
5. Northern Iowa
6.  Fresno State

Tompkins
1.  Nevada
2.  Brown
3.  I thought someone said Harvard

Dante
1.  Nevada

Lamb
1.  Nevada
2.  SDSU
3.  SJSU

Bailey

I think Nevada is trolling FSU with the three offers out to guys here that Fresno hasn't offered; but I've heard that Nevada really wants Trent

One thing that we are not considering is that some offers may have come out and may be from smaller profile schools and thus are not discussed as much or highlighted on social media. 

---I'm sure people stopped by to evalauate Tompkins, probably the same guys that stopped by to see Alec.  He may have not thrown as well but most coaches take that into consideration as part of the entire evaluation.  Maybe he declined to throw--I don't know.  Most guys let you know when they are coming and will work around your schedule. 

All Star Kev

I can't wait to watch SJM & Central scrimmage on August 10th. That's going to be fun!

All Star Kev